Help w/June 2022 AMA reservation for deceased relative

lilroedeo

I am looking for any help as I try to get reimbursed for a family member who suddenly passed away prior to their June AMAWaterways cruise. The travel agency and AMA are only able to offer an 65% future credit which expires in 18 months once I get an executor to cancel the reservation (they gave me 6 days). I believe they think they can only do this because her original cruise was cancelled due to restricted German travel previously so she agreed to the 115% future credit last year. We have AIG Travel Guard but cannot start the claim until the trip is cancelled but I wanted to be sure the best route is to make this as easy on the family as possible. Any suggestions? Thank you~

Seems to me, if the deceased had travel insurance the estate would be reimbursed in full for all prepaid nonrefundable expenses unless there are restrictions regarding booking with FCC. Contact the insurer for instructions. Since you are dealing through an executor, you may not be able to open a file just yet, but be informed of your coverage and requirements for filing.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, lilroedeo said:

Thank you! 

Just a note - don’t agree to accepting the 65% FCC from AMA until you talk to the insurance company. If you do, the insurance company may consider that you have already received reimbursement. 

• Like 2