Exemption certificate

Gemmax

Hello all, I am completely new to cruising and my husband and our 11yr old daughter are on the Baltic cruise leaving in July. Due to the fact that my daughter will not be classed as fully vaccinated (albeit she will be around 5 days into the cruise due to vaccination dates) I have managed to get her an exemption.

I was told by Princess that the exemption has been applied to our booking however I cannot see this anywhere. Also I was informed that I would receive an email with details re the exemption and this has not yet arrived. After chasing it up I’ve been told it will come through in July. We sail on the 9th July and for me that’s leaving it a bit late to come through. 

My question is has anyone else had this experience or know how I can view the exemption so my mind is reassured? Also, I know we have to take the princess excursions as she is not classed as vaccinated however after the first 5 days and her fully vaccinated status kicks in (ie 2 jabs plus 2 weeks after) can we then self explore? 

Any advice on this would be much appreciated ☺️

8 minutes ago, Gemmax said:

...she is not classed as vaccinated however after the first 5 days and her fully vaccinated status kicks in (ie 2 jabs plus 2 weeks after)

Hi,

What country are you in?

5 minutes ago, Gemmax said:

Hi we are from the UK 

Oh OK. I see that minors in UK need to wait 12 weeks between 1st and 2nd vaccinations. Here in the US it's only 3 weeks (huge difference).

Sorry but I have no personal knowledge of how exceptions go. I can appreciate your concern though.

Best of luck with this,

John 

I can’t offer any personal experience, but I am familiar with the rules, I would be concerned to not have the exemption confirmed in writing before making final payment.

A few questions, did you book direct with Princess? Then apply for exemption using this telephone number 0344 338 8663.

Have they sent you any information via email at all, things such as the terms and conditions and details if the $150 charge?  

i don’t think you daughters status will change during the cruise,  even though she will pass the 14 days and be fully vaccinated partway through the cruise I believe her details would have been recorded as unvaccinated and exempt for the duration of the cruise. 

3 hours ago, AZjohn said:

Oh OK. I see that minors in UK need to wait 12 weeks between 1st and 2nd vaccinations. Here in the US it's only 3 weeks (huge difference).

Sorry but I have no personal knowledge of how exceptions go. I can appreciate your concern though.

Best of luck with this,

John 

Where children live with a vulnerable person, such as an elderly person with a medical condition which is considered relevant the twelve week period is reduced to eight weeks.  I am not sure if you can claim that they stay at grands frequently and therefore you can apply for qualification for an earlier second jab.  The GP might help.  I would look along these lines if it were me.

Regards John.

Edited by john watson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

thank you all, some good advice which I will follow up. 
I booked directly with Princess and it is the Princess exemption I am referring to. 
I’m glad you agree that waiting until July is too close for comfort. I guess I’ll just have to keep pestering them to find out where it is. 

We applied for and were provided an exemption also.  We received an email with confirmation letter attached, including all of the conditions,  verifying that we were good to go.  I would contact customerrelations@princesscruises.com with your exemption request in the subject line and remind them to send your official letter.  You cannot board without it!

msk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, msk1 said:

We applied for and were provided an exemption also.  We received an email with confirmation letter attached, including all of the conditions,  verifying that we were good to go.  I would contact customerrelations@princesscruises.com with your exemption request in the subject line and remind them to send your official letter.  You cannot board without it!

msk

Thank you. I will again chase this up with them. Although it’s our first time cruising, their poor customer service has me thinking it may be our last! 

47 minutes ago, Gemmax said:

Thank you. I will again chase this up with them. Although it’s our first time cruising, their poor customer service has me thinking it may be our last! 

It’s a shame you feel that way, especially before you have set sail on your first cruise.

Believe me Customer Service issues are not unique to Princess Cruises at this time, many trusted cruise lines are experiencing slips in their usual standards and it is frustrating. 
However, I am mindful that the changes in requirements and protocols are new to all of the staff as well.  Exemptions in the UK have only been a thing for about a month after all.

As I mentioned previously , as a general rule any changes to your booking will be confirmed via an emailed notification, even if that is resending of your booking summary.