Dolphin deck is now open.

Sox Fan Cruiser

Just looked at the availability for my May 22nd cruise on the Discovery Prince, and you can now book Dolphin Deck.  Previously it was reserved for quarantine for Covid cases as with all other ships.  Not sure how I feel about that.  With the mask mandate lifted, I feel that we will see more positive cases aboard ships and have no where to put them.    Wonder if that the same fleet wide. 

Princess had let us book Dolphin deck on the Discovery. Then a couple of weeks before the cruises (2), took it away and gave us another location. Said it was a CDC requirement for isolation cabins.During our cruise we noticed our cabins and others on aft area Dolphin deck, had been given to other passengers. We were upset. Had big balcony and got a tiny one instead.

Edited by san diego sue

Does it look like the entire Dolphin deck is available to book?  For our June Caribbean Princess cruise, I've been watching what rooms are available and for months now it has looked like only been half the Aloha deck appears to be blocked off (instead of the entire Aloha deck earlier in the restart).

5 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

I heard Princess was going to start reserving rooms for Noro Virus and the Flu as well in order to control as many potential illnesses as possible!

Is this true, or are you being sarcastic? Hard to tell on a message board. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Is this true, or are you being sarcastic? Hard to tell on a message board. 😉 

Not true...just thought it was worth a few chuckles from those on the less serious side all the time. 🙂 

• Haha 4

For the first leg of our upcoming b2b California Coastal cruise on Discovery Princess, we booked a great aft suite on Baja deck.  The same cabin wasn’t available, so for the second leg, we had to change to an undesirable (for us) cabin on Marina deck. Ugg!

I checked the Princess site almost daily, and cabins on Dolphin deck opened up yesterday. I held the same cabin for both cruises, and then my PVP rebooked us. I’m one happy camper. 

I know that in the past, many ships were holding Dolphin deck cabins for quarantined passengers and crew, but my PVP feels that other arrangements are being made for future cruises. Fingers crossed.