Viking's daily PCR testing needs to stop-- and my conversation with Viking about it

kpgclark

Let’s hope the pandemic is better by then but we’ve been here before.  Just when there’s another variant making the rounds, masking is dropped and people relax thus spawning a new variant.  I would say hope for the best, plan for the worst and find out ahead of time your options if you do test positive.  The greatest stress would be the stress of that last test that would prevent you from flying home the next day, based on current requirements.  If that requirement to reenter the US is still in place by then it won’t matter which cruise line you’’re on.  The daily testing could be a blessing if there is an outbreak so you could get the quarantine over earlier in the trip and you would prevent the spread to others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sun Lover said:

Is there any indication how long Viking is going to keep the daily test requirement?  We are scheduled to depart in August and if the daily testing and mask wearing is still required on the ship, I would like to cancel or maybe book with another company, although it's probably too late now to book something else.  We have been very careful throughout the pandemic and are vaccinated and boosted.  We have already postponed our Viking trip twice so I'm not sure we can even do it again.  I really thought by now things would be a lot better than this.  I just think the stress of daily testing and the thought of possibly being kicked off the ship and having to quarantine would take away from being able to enjoy the trip.  If you do test positive on the ship and they make you leave to quarantine on land, do they make the arrangements?  Would the cost be covered by their insurance?  We purchased the Viking Cancel For Any Reason at the time we booked it.

Go to Viking web page and read all the information regarding the questions you have asked. It is all laid out for you~ if you have further questions  contact them directly -