April 15th thru 20th - my life as a Mega Rockstar

tde1969

On 7/2/2022 at 11:11 AM, AndyUK said:

Great feedback, thank you!! 

So you can have to up to 2 bottles a day, and I assume as many ( with reasonable limits)  up to 25$ drinks per glass? 

Assume the special  coffee can be classed  under bar tab? 

Yes, specialty coffee was included - when I asked our roadie for coffee the first morning (he told me to call when we wanted it) I was expecting filter coffee - he actually went to The Grounds Club Too (in The Galley) and got us Americanos. I had a latte most afternoons, no extra charge. Pretty sure the pressed juice place is also included, and the boozy shakes at The social Club (forgot to get one - next time!).

As for the booze, yes, that's the limits that were in place when we sailed. We didn't actually get any bottles of wine though!

22 minutes ago, britincanada said:

Yes, specialty coffee was included - when I asked our roadie for coffee the first morning (he told me to call when we wanted it) I was expecting filter coffee - he actually went to The Grounds Club Too (in The Galley) and got us Americanos. I had a latte most afternoons, no extra charge. Pretty sure the pressed juice place is also included, and the boozy shakes at The social Club (forgot to get one - next time!).

As for the booze, yes, that's the limits that were in place when we sailed. We didn't actually get any bottles of wine though!

great feedback! Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Your views and opinions are really important to us as me and my husband are first time cruisers so it's great to hear direct from similar people. 

14 hours ago, AndyUK said:

great feedback! Thanks for the info. Really appreciate it. Your views and opinions are really important to us as me and my husband are first time cruisers so it's great to hear direct from similar people. 

You are very welcome - we had a fab time on our cruise, we were cancelled 2x due to covid and used our entire 200% FCC to get our Gorgeous Suite - we were originally in a central sea terrace. We waited longer from booking to boarding (953 days!) than we'd known each other before we got married! My expectations were high as I had read and watched everything I could before our cruise. It was our 2nd cruise - we did a Carnival cruise for our 10th anniversary (16 yrs ago) - and it didn't disappoint.

Have a great time! We paid a deposit on a future trip - hope to get something booked soon to go!!

6 minutes ago, britincanada said:

You are very welcome - we had a fab time on our cruise, we were cancelled 2x due to covid and used our entire 200% FCC to get our Gorgeous Suite - we were originally in a central sea terrace. We waited longer from booking to boarding (953 days!) than we'd known each other before we got married! My expectations were high as I had read and watched everything I could before our cruise. It was our 2nd cruise - we did a Carnival cruise for our 10th anniversary (16 yrs ago) - and it didn't disappoint.

Have a great time! We paid a deposit on a future trip - hope to get something booked soon to go!!

Wow!! that was a long time from booking to boarding ! But sounds like is was well worth it! We really looking forward to it! Maybe we get hooked on the cruise life style!! thanks again!! 

• 2 weeks later...

During our recent cruise, the cost was $500 per cabana.  Since we are early risers and got to the beach club shortly after we could disembark, we ended up being the only people in the rockstar area for at least one hour, so a cabana would not have been worth the cost for DH and me as we had our pick of loungers.  Even after that, it filled in very slowly.  

20 hours ago, The_Force said:

My wife and I are cruising as Mega’s in Oct for our 30th wedding anniversary. This will be our 2nd VV cruise. Curious to know if a private cabana is included as a Mega at Bimini Beach Club?

No, all cabanas are an additional fee. As a mega rockstar/rockstar you have access to the rockstar area at the beach.

23 hours ago, The_Force said:

My wife and I are cruising as Mega’s in Oct for our 30th wedding anniversary. This will be our 2nd VV cruise. Curious to know if a private cabana is included as a Mega at Bimini Beach Club?

No cabanas included, but your drinks are all included, similar to on the ship.  They have fresh coconuts that you can add rum/vodka to, and those are also included.

• Thanks 1