Pearl April 22

I am not doing a full “live review “ just wanna pass along tidbits here and there while trying to conserve my internet minutes. 
Took Amtrak from New Haven to save stress and take a break from driving. My daughter, her wheelchair and two suitcases and two carry ons got a cab from South station to cruise port $15.40 , maybe try Lyft?!

Got to cruise port at 11:30 , light crowd 👍. Word was this sailing is light compared to last week. Think I heard 1300, will try to confirm. After getting the green dots on our passports, I was told no boarding till 1pm. We all waited on the street level, no one was allowed upstairs. Finally about 12:15 “they opened the gates” and we all cheered. Went pretty smooth. They started boarding around 12:30,  the rooms are ready announcement was made shortly after one. 
It is 3:30 and they are trying to get the holdouts to the muster stations so we can prepare to depart. The dock is quiet and totally empty, however we are still hooked up to the bridge. 
What a great day 😃

• Like 4

Thank you so much for the report!  Wonder why they held off on boarding, I hope you and your daughter were in a comfortable location.

i was hoping to try to make it to the Cape today to see if I could spot you from White Crest Beach in Wellfleet, but will have to try another week as work got in the way...  Bon voyage!!!!

On 4/22/2022 at 7:08 PM, papajak said:

Thanks for taking the time to do this! I'm excited to follow along!

No door decorating? That's disapointing. Is that new? I usually sail RC and we always decorate. 

I was wondering the same thing.  It was fun to do and always used sticky tac so no harm to surfaces.  Helped us find our stateroom faster especially the first few days onboard.

Hard to remember as its been a few years since we sailed but is there a mailbox next to door.

Wonder if we could put a small decoration on that?

8 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

Thanks for all the updates @Longstockingpippi1!  Great info for our sailing on the 20th.  Hope you and your daughter had a wonderful time aboard.  Any tips for a fellow pusher aside from avoiding the cobblestones? 😄 👩‍🦽

We toured The Keep and walked through the museum. Was some very steep climbing . It was only after I left the museum and studied the brochure that there appears to be an elevator that could have taken us to the second and third floors. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/22/2022 at 8:08 PM, papajak said:

Thanks for taking the time to do this! I'm excited to follow along!

No door decorating? That's disapointing. Is that new? I usually sail RC and we always decorate. 

On 4/27/2022 at 9:36 AM, racingraysswimmom said:

I was wondering the same thing.  It was fun to do and always used sticky tac so no harm to surfaces.  Helped us find our stateroom faster especially the first few days onboard.

Hard to remember as its been a few years since we sailed but is there a mailbox next to door.

Wonder if we could put a small decoration on that?

On the 4-15 cruise there were quite a few people with decorations on their doors.

No mail box