Torstein Hagen was on my cruise and I got to talk to him!

Spaniel Lover

One of the most interesting aspects of my recent cruise with Viking was that Viking's Chairman and CEO happened to be aboard the ship, and I got to talk to him.  He's very friendly and willing to talk to passengers.  You'd expect that he might be reclusive or be surrounded by handlers that kept people away from him, but no.

I saw him many times onboard the ship...  in the World Café, getting his haircut in the salon, and even just in the hallway near my cabin.  You'd think he'd stay in The Owner's Suite when he is aboard, but actually he was just down the hall from me in a Junior Suite.

A highlight of the cruise just may have been when I sat next to him at a cocktail party...  or perhaps the even more in-depth conversation we had the next day when I ran in to him again and had about ten minutes with him one-on-one.  It was a really interesting conversation!

Take a look at this video with the full story...

• Like 2

I also spoke to Torstein briefly and agree with your comments about him.

However my DW pointed out that I was almost equally starstruck after saying hello to a certain talented videographer in the explorers lounge one evening 😉

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Was Torstein masked?😳

I saw him both masked and unmasked. Either option was equally acceptable as it was announced that there was officially no mask requirement on the ship after the test results came through on the first day.