Can you see all dining menus on your first day?

IUSteve

Sailing Equinox in July.  I know this is a fussy question, but I'd appreciate good info.  I've been holding off on making any discounted advance reservations in the specialty dining venues because I've like to make my decisions on where to eat each night based on menu.  Am I correct to assume that the menus change every night in all the dining venues, including the MDR?  Or do they stay the same?  Either way, once onboard the first day, is there a way to preview all nights' menus in all dining venues for the whole cruise, so I can plan out my dining and make reservations?      

The menus will stay the same in the specialty restaurants, but will change each day in the main dining rooms.  I don't currently have any Celebrity cruises on the books, but on the app for Royal Caribbean (sister cruise line), I can see the main dining room menus for my December cruise for the whole week.  Not sure if they are 100% accurate, but if they also do this on the Celebrity app, it would give you a starting point.  

Edited by rebeccac
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, paulajj said:

All of Equinox menus for July are on the app now. You can see the whole weeks menus. 
Have fun!

Thank you!!  I wasn't seeing them, but I refreshed and there they were!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IUSteve said:

Sailing Equinox in July.  I know this is a fussy question, but I'd appreciate good info.  I've been holding off on making any discounted advance reservations in the specialty dining venues because I've like to make my decisions on where to eat each night based on menu.  Am I correct to assume that the menus change every night in all the dining venues, including the MDR?  Or do they stay the same?  Either way, once onboard the first day, is there a way to preview all nights' menus in all dining venues for the whole cruise, so I can plan out my dining and make reservations?      

Use the app, and if your wanting  specialty dining make one on line, then make a beeline to confirm and secure additional reservations.

Edited by LGW59

As others have said, the menus are on the app, but they might not be in the correct order until the last minute. I also like to plan my dining based on the MDR menu. On my cruise in November, the order of the daily menus changed in the app a few times before the cruise, and on embarkation day, there was a discrepancy between the app and the menu posted at the dining room entrance. We got clarification from the dining room staff; if I remember correctly, I think we had to force the app to update. For my 10-night cruise in June, the app currently shows "venue closed" for the MDR after day 5 or 6. I'm assuming it will be updated closer to the sail date.

You can ask the maitre d' in the dining room, but depending on the ship or the staff, they might only tell be willing to tell you the current day's and next day's menus. Sometimes the maitre d' has told me that they don't know the full order of menus in advance. It's very frustrating because they clearly do know the intended order in advance; if it were as much of a whim as they imply, the order of menus wouldn't be extremely similar from sailing to sailing and the app wouldn't wouldn't be designed to show the daily menus for the whole sailing.

4 hours ago, Carried_Away said:

As others have said, the menus are on the app, but they might not be in the correct order until the last minute. I also like to plan my dining based on the MDR menu. On my cruise in November, the order of the daily menus changed in the app a few times before the cruise, and on embarkation day, there was a discrepancy between the app and the menu posted at the dining room entrance. We got clarification from the dining room staff; if I remember correctly, I think we had to force the app to update. For my 10-night cruise in June, the app currently shows "venue closed" for the MDR after day 5 or 6. I'm assuming it will be updated closer to the sail date.

You can ask the maitre d' in the dining room, but depending on the ship or the staff, they might only tell be willing to tell you the current day's and next day's menus. Sometimes the maitre d' has told me that they don't know the full order of menus in advance. It's very frustrating because they clearly do know the intended order in advance; if it were as much of a whim as they imply, the order of menus wouldn't be extremely similar from sailing to sailing and the app wouldn't wouldn't be designed to show the daily menus for the whole sailing.

Actually they know the order and what the menu is supposed to be.  Lately with supply issues days are sometimes switched or items deleted.