Decision, Seabourn Sojourn or Celebrity Edge.

breadandbutter

I'm posting this on both Seabourn and Celebrity forums.

I've cruised with both companies many times, I'm comparing the same month and duration, but I can't pick between them, heres what I love about them,

Love on Seabourn...

Less people

Smaller ports

Caviar anywhere

Caviar in the surf

High quality of food and service.

However I think Seabourn is very lacking when it comes to making cocktails. 

Celebrity...

Love all the food options and bars available

Is half the price of Seabourn 

Entertainment

Has anyone cruise on both these ships recently?

Thank you in advance for any help

B&B

Edited by breadandbutter
Typo

What type of cabin are you considering on the Edge? What's the itinerary, Europe? Are you planning on being outside sunning and enjoying the water features,or is this a aPort touring intensive cruise itinerary?

Those extra questions will help people give you helpful advice.

27 minutes ago, breadandbutter said:

I've cruised with both companies many times, I'm comparing the same month and duration, but I can't pick between them, heres what I love about them,....

It would appear that you are your own best resource. I can't imagine anyone here would be in a better position to offer suggestions. If another poster posed the same question, how would you respond? 

• Like 1

We have cruised on Seabourn quite a bit, and many times on Celebrity. I like the smaller ships, and fewer people , plus the lounge in the front of the ship with the good guacamole and other snacks. It is a great gathering place. Also I like their entry level cabins..we always book a guarantee because there are no bad ones. I have to laugh as they serve cosmos in a champagne glass, and when I order I need to remind them. However I think their food is mediocre. We stay in a suite on Celebrity and find the food in the suite restaurant outstanding..much better than Seabourn.

Also, I was very annoyed at them catering to the x-Crystal cruisers. 15% off and no deposit. Also they have raised their prices more, and I think their lack of concern for their repeat customers will hurt them. 

21 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

What type of cabin are you considering on the Edge? What's the itinerary, Europe? Are you planning on being outside sunning and enjoying the water features,or is this a aPort touring intensive cruise itinerary?

Those extra questions will help people give you helpful advice.

OV on both ships.

Caribbean

Both have same amount of port and sea days.

3 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

We have cruised on Seabourn quite a bit, and many times on Celebrity. I like the smaller ships, and fewer people , plus the lounge in the front of the ship with the good guacamole and other snacks. It is a great gathering place. Also I like their entry level cabins..we always book a guarantee because there are no bad ones. I have to laugh as they serve cosmos in a champagne glass, and when I order I need to remind them. However I think their food is mediocre. We stay in a suite on Celebrity and find the food in the suite restaurant outstanding..much better than Seabourn.

Also, I was very annoyed at them catering to the x-Crystal cruisers. 15% off and no deposit. Also they have raised their prices more, and I think their lack of concern for their repeat customers will hurt them. 

Thanks for your thoughts, I didn't know that about the 15% off, I agree what about Seabourn loyal customers!

2 minutes ago, breadandbutter said:

Thanks for your thoughts, I didn't know that about the 15% off, I agree what about Seabourn loyal customers!

I sent the loyalty people at Seabourn a long letter, and let them know what I thought of soliciting their business at a discount. I received a obligatory response. Later there was a rather critical bunch of comments on the almost dead Crystal board about Seabourn  and I sent it to their guest relations, and I had told them this would happened. No response. 15% off is a significant chunk of change and no deposit. They lost me over that. 

8 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

I sent the loyalty people at Seabourn a long letter, and let them know what I thought of soliciting their business at a discount. I received a obligatory response. Later there was a rather critical bunch of comments on the almost dead Crystal board about Seabourn  and I sent it to their guest relations, and I had told them this would happened. No response. 15% off is a significant chunk of change and no deposit. They lost me over that. 

Better be mad at Celebrity too. Crystal FCC holders can get $500 off Sky Suites and $1000 off CS and above. Extra incentive for the TA booking as well. 

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Better be mad at Celebrity too. Crystal FCC holders can get $500 off Sky Suites and $1000 off CS and above. Extra incentive for the TA booking as well. 

The x-Crystal cruisers are too snobby to cruise on Celebrity. One did say she was going to go on Celebrity and take her Crystal tote…I sold mine on ebay for $20….I will add we were on the last  2020 first leg of the Serenity world cruise, and actually got off before the end of the cruise. The food was awful, and I could, but won’t add to the list. 

On 4/24/2022 at 1:40 PM, mikewomb said:

I too was annoyed by the Crystal people (who have the gall to call themselves refugees, but I digress); great marketing on Seabourn part but not happy about the additional 100-150 people on my cruise, especially knowing they would be hyper critical. I began most of my conversations asking how many Seabourn cruises they had been on. 

Edited by purpleally

We didn’t think the Crystal cruisers (on our one Symphony cruise) were really much different than Celebrity cruisers, not like we expected at all.   There are “snobs” on all cruise lines, including Celebrity!  We’ve run into quite a few over the years.    

44 minutes ago, NCHPcruiser said:

We didn’t think the Crystal cruisers (on our one Symphony cruise) were really much different than Celebrity cruisers, not like we expected at all.   There are “snobs” on all cruise lines, including Celebrity!  We’ve run into quite a few over the years.    

We hated everything about it. We had cruised with them when it was Japanese owned, and no complaints..however since changing to ownership by a Chinese company totally different. Read my review. 

Edited by mikewomb

On 4/24/2022 at 1:08 PM, breadandbutter said:

I'm posting this on both Seabourn and Celebrity forums.

I've cruised with both companies many times, I'm comparing the same month and duration, but I can't pick between them, heres what I love about them,

Love on Seabourn...

Less people

Smaller ports

Caviar anywhere

Caviar in the surf

High quality of food and service.

However I think Seabourn is very lacking when it comes to making cocktails. 

Celebrity...

Love all the food options and bars available

Is half the price of Seabourn 

Entertainment

Has anyone cruise on both these ships recently?

Thank you in advance for any help

B&B

How can anyone here tell what’s best for you and your family?  Do some research then talk to your team, decide together after reviewing all of the options of interest.

10 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

How can anyone here tell what’s best for you and your family?  Do some research then talk to your team, decide together after reviewing all of the options of interest.

People do it all the time