Any experience with bimini?

csoud68

Was there a couple of weeks ago. I personally would just get the free shuttle to the ‘public’ beach. It is the same stretch of sand as 360 about 50 yards further along. You can hire loungers and umbrellas and there are food trucks selling booze and food. It is much quieter as well. I couldn’t understand why you’d want to pay a fortune to be packed into a small stretch of sand on a long beach (and you use the same shuttle to get to 360) 

The beach at at the end of the pier is also excellent but no facilities. There is a small group of shops and a nice bar that had live music just as you go through the gates and bear round to the left and it is on the right. 

I really liked the island. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 8:48 PM, Orca70 said:

Was there a couple of weeks ago. I personally would just get the free shuttle to the ‘public’ beach. It is the same stretch of sand as 360 about 50 yards further along. You can hire loungers and umbrellas and there are food trucks selling booze and food. It is much quieter as well. I couldn’t understand why you’d want to pay a fortune to be packed into a small stretch of sand on a long beach (and you use the same shuttle to get to 360) 

The beach at at the end of the pier is also excellent but no facilities. There is a small group of shops and a nice bar that had live music just as you go through the gates and bear round to the left and it is on the right. 

I really liked the island. 

how do we know where to get off for the 'public' beach? do you recall the name?

Tons of firsthand videos on you tube by cruisers in the past few months since Carnival started stopping at Bimini so much.

Free beach is paradise beach, that is right next to 360 beach, but chair and umbrella rental seemed pretty steep and there are no restroom facilities. (just the ocean as maquite a few videos stated)

Lots of other pretty beaches along the seven mile stretch of island, if you rent a golf cart on your own.

Been deep diving myself for our cruise in September.

Good luck in your research./

The one vidro i found got two chairs and an umbrella for $75. Seemesd pretty steep. 

I'm used to days at Nachi Cocum with a pool, bathrooms, food and all i can drink for less than that.

• Like 2