Steakhouse reservation problem

CruisinNana

We are 5 women traveling on the Valor in a few weeks.  We each have our own cabin and our reservations are linked. I am trying to make a Steakhouse reservation for the 5 of us. I first tried on line, but all I could do was make a reservation for myself and no one else.  I called Carnival and after an hour hold, a not so nice carnival rep said that no one at carnival can book food reservations. She is sending me to technical support to get it done. Argggh!  I don’t know how much longer I can listen to that on hold music!  Any suggestions?  I know I read somewhere in the Carnival info that it is a good idea to make restaurant reservations at least 2 weeks ahead of time!

The information that I was given is that each cabin needs to make their own reservation on line and then upon boarding go to the restaurant and request that you all be seated together. This is an issue that Carnival really needs to resolve.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, bar10der421 said:

The information that I was given is that each cabin needs to make their own reservation on line and then upon boarding go to the restaurant and request that you all be seated together. This is an issue that Carnival really needs to resolve.

Pre-cruise yes, that's how it is handled.  We had no problem just popping into the Steakhouse one afternoon and the host linked our bookings so we could sit together.  It's was no headache or inconvenience.  

I think Carnival customer service won't ever take that part over because the people you are speaking with are not actually on the ship so there is no accountability and limited visibility.

A few months ago I was able to book and pay for both a steakhouse and Teppanyaki reservation online for our MG cruise with our son & DIL last month.  I had to enter their booking info and was able to reserve all 4 of us at the same time.  

For a cruise with friends later this year, I just pulling up the booking to see if I can book Teppanyaki for our two cabins that are linked together for dining.  It now only gives me the option to book the reservation for the two of us in our cabin.

You need the booking numbers and the last name of each guest to be able to properly link up the reservations. Once you have all that information, log into your Carnival account and add those bookings. Once added, you will see something like this on the left side of your screen:

image.png.8b489ae298acb9edd0d9753747f52f95.png

Once added, you will be able to book restaurant reservations, excursions, drink packages, check-in, etc for all the bookings at the same time. The only issue is if the other guest are comfortable with you having full access to their booking, as you will be able to see everything associated with it. 

Once booked, this will be under your "Booking and Order Details":

image.png.5d6c3fb59f606d2b64db5d6d5dbe973d.png

Edited by CruisingFromLA
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the only way to actually make reservations are to link them to your online account via the booking numbers and last names. Also it has to be paid for all at once, so you would have to settle up later. Linking them in the online account is different than linking them via Carnival. FYI, you can also purchase Shore Excursions for all or some of the group when they are connected in your online account.

When on the Panorama last week, we were a party of 4 (two couples), we each made  and paid for our reservations seperatly on the Carnival app, when we got on board (we were linked together as traveling partners), the Steakhouse put us all under one reservation. The confusing part was that our friends got a cancellation notice but that was because they put us under one reservation instead of two.

• Like 1