Less Visited Greenland Ports

tring

We are going to Greenland in June and visiting a number of ports, some of which we have not visited previously.  The ports we have not visited are Nuuk, Sisimiut and  Ilulissat (where we spend two days).  Can anyone advise if there are any particular excursions which are worthwhile doing in those ports.  Our excursions have not been published as yet, but are likely to be out soon.  Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

10 hours ago, DRS/NC said:

In Nuuk, we had various bus tours of the town.  It was quaint & interesting -- colorful Lego style houses. 

(See my response in an above thread.)

Thanks for the reply.  Is it also walkable for the able bodied?  We like to stroll around, stopping for drinks from time to time, so are there cafes/bars around the town.  I know Greenland is very remote in places, but as a captial, we were hoping we will find cafes in Nuuk.

Edited by tring

9 hours ago, tring said:

Thanks for the reply.  Is it also walkable for the able bodied?  We like to stroll around, stopping for drinks from time to time, so are there cafes/bars around the town.  I know Greenland is very remote in places, but as a captial, we were hoping we will find cafes in Nuuk.

After the excursion tour (2-3 hrs), I took the city bus back into "town".  It seemed a bit of a distance & fairly hilly.  Sorry, can't really say how far.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DRS/NC said:

After the excursion tour (2-3 hrs), I took the city bus back into "town".  It seemed a bit of a distance & fairly hilly.  Sorry, can't really say how far.

Thank you, sounds like we should look carefully at the excursions and probably do one of them.  Sharing your experience is much appreciated

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We booked an iceberg tour from an independent company in Nuuk and then walked around town.

In Nanortalik it is VERY small, pop. about 1100 people. This little town is very STROLLABLE! We stopped at the fish market, the Elders Center aka Seniors Center, the Church and then went to the open air museum. We didn't go into the museum but it did look interesting.