Kids program age minimums for each line?

luv2travel2beaches

DD is considering getting married on a cruise ship. We have a number of families with children and toddlers who would like to go. What is the minimum age for kids in the kids programs for each of the cruise lines ? Also which lines require the child to be potty trained for the kids program and kiddy pool? This will really help us to decide which cruise line would be the most workable for our large family.

Each cruise line is different. The only one that I know of that will both take two-year-olds and change diapers is Carnival. I think some other lines will beep you if your child needs a change. Our just turned 3-year-old grandson was on the Carnival Triumph in Jan. 2005, wasn't potty-trained yet, and they took him with no problem and changed diapers. I am happy to say that he was trained shortly thereafter! (He's the stubborn type.)

For the kid's clubs....

Royal Carribean is 3 - potty trained

Disney is 3 - potty trained

(They do have pay per hour clubs for the under 3 crowd)

NCCL - we were on Norway, was 2 and they would beep us when our daughter needed to be changed

On Royal Carribean ships, you must be potty trained to go in the pools (I am hoping the Freedom ship's water park on top deck is different for our voyage next year)

On Disney - You can only have not pt kids in the one EAR of Mickey's pool. The rest of the pool and goofy's pool, you had to be pt.

On Norwegian, I really don't remember having problems with our daughter in the pool. She had a swimmie diaper on and was 2 at the time.

Celebrity's requirement is the same as their parent company, Royal Caribbean, 3 yrs old and potty trained. This requirement is true for a child to enter the playrooms as well regardless of whether he/she is enrolled in the kids program. There are toys that are available to be loaned out from the play room.

Archived