Alcohol Shops on Board

Waju

Hi, quick question for those of you who have cruised recently - are there any good deals on alcohol (to bring home) in the shops on board or is it just as cheap nowadays to buy at the supermarket?

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Two litres of spirits for £25 on board. So cheaper than UK supermarkets  - but depending on your cruise, you could buy it cheaper ashore.

Thank you wowzz - that's what I was hoping to hear.   We're going to Norway so I doubt it will be cheaper there.

We just back of Iona and it’s correct 2 litres for £25 and some other good deals, 

jonnie walker 3 casks black label £40. Plus your pen. Discount. They advertised it first day ( horizon paper )and it got very busy. By collection day it was really busy collecting it so would advise to get in early as they did run out by Friday.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, awmartin said:

We just back of Iona and it’s correct 2 litres for £25 and some other good deals, 

jonnie walker 3 casks black label £40. Plus your pen. Discount. They advertised it first day ( horizon paper )and it got very busy. By collection day it was really busy collecting it so would advise to get in early as they did run out by Friday.

Thanks for that awmartin, I think we'll get in early - I'm after pink gin and I know from previous cruises that tends to run out!  I imagine the shops will open just after leaving Southampton so we'll call in after dinner.

3 hours ago, Waju said:

Thanks for that awmartin, I think we'll get in early - I'm after pink gin and I know from previous cruises that tends to run out!  I imagine the shops will open just after leaving Southampton so we'll call in after dinner.

Don’t forget your allowances as customs are very busy at Southampton these days. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, wowzz said:

Two litres of spirits for £25 on board. So cheaper than UK supermarkets  - but depending on your cruise, you could buy it cheaper ashore.

That's a good reason for not bothering to get off the ship in Gibraltar as far as I am concerned 😀

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Four litres of spirits per person I believe now?

Correct, it’s the £390 in ‘other goods’ that catches people out. A half decent watch or handbag and pow your allowance has gone 😬

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Morrisons is about16 quid a litre, so buy it before you go and save the faff.🤔

• Like 1