Onboard spa service

wanderlust0713

LOVE a pedicure!  As far as their services go it is one of the more inexpensive options and IMHO so worth it.  Never get them on land but reserve it as a special treat for myself on all my cruises.   Manicure wasn't bad either, but pedicure is better!

I always get a hot stone massage. I get it on the first day and it relaxes me to start my vacation. The only thing to know is that they will try to sell you products. Just tell them you are not interested. the massage is worth it to me!

I purchase a week long thermal suites pass for around $149 depending on the length of the cruise. There’s a pool sized hot tub, steam rooms, saunas, heated marble loungers and waterfall style scented showers to rinse off in. They restrict the amount of passes given out so it’s never crowded. And there’s never any kids running around since it’s for 18 and older. My favorite thing to do is nap in a heated marble lounger after a long soak in the hot tub with tranquil music playing in the background. It’s very relaxing and a great deal since it lasts all week. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruisinqt said:

I purchase a week long thermal suites pass for around $149 depending on the length of the cruise. There’s a pool sized hot tub, steam rooms, saunas, heated marble loungers and waterfall style scented showers to rinse off in. They restrict the amount of passes given out so it’s never crowded. And there’s never any kids running around since it’s for 18 and older. My favorite thing to do is nap in a heated marble lounger after a long soak in the hot tub with tranquil music playing in the background. It’s very relaxing and a great deal since it lasts all week. 

On the Dream We did this also and my husband still complains that it's not available on the Glory. He loved napping on heated loungers.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:27 AM, wanderlust0713 said:

Is there an onboard spa service you absolutely love and feel like it’s worth the money? I’m going on my first solo cruise and I’m wanting to do a spa service. 

I always get the "Tip To Toe" massage/facial combo when it's offered.  Just be sure to tell them you are not interested in purchasing any products before they lay a hand on you!  They will still want to give you a little card showing all of the products they used on you, and may want to recommend the Ionitherm treatment.  Otherwise you will get the hard sell and it totally ruins the relaxation achieved post-massage.  

Edited by LibratPDX

On 4/27/2022 at 7:19 PM, Elaine5715 said:

I always get a blowout on board.  The stylists are top notch

@Elaine5715 or anyone else…

Beginner’s question here…

Do you put on your fancy outfit before or after the blowout?

Basic logistics like this baffle me.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:27 AM, wanderlust0713 said:

Is there an onboard spa service you absolutely love and feel like it’s worth the money? I’m going on my first solo cruise and I’m wanting to do a spa service. 

I was planning to ask this *exact* question, all the way down to the first-solo-cruise detail. Following along!

28 minutes ago, arctickitty said:

@Elaine5715 or anyone else…

Beginner’s question here…

Do you put on your fancy outfit before or after the blowout?

Basic logistics like this baffle me.

After...the blowout holds for days as long as I don't get it wet

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LibratPDX said:

I always get the "Tip To Toe" massage/facial combo when it's offered.  Just be sure to tell them you are not interested in purchasing any products before they lay a hand on you!  They will still want to give you a little card showing all of the products they used on you, and may want to recommend the Ionitherm treatment.  Otherwise you will get the hard sell and it totally ruins the relaxation achieved post-massage.  

I appreciate the card with the products.  I have incorporated many of the hair products into my daily routine, I just purchase them locally.   

On 4/28/2022 at 5:48 PM, slavigne5577 said:

On the Dream We did this also and my husband still complains that it's not available on the Glory. He loved napping on heated loungers.

Same here. What I wouldn’t do to have a heated marble lounger in my home! Gosh those things are absolute heaven. I had the best naps ever there. I had to practically drag my husband out of there for dinner. My only complaint is that they close at 10. I would love to go there late after the evening show to relax.