Cancelled cruise due to testing positive.

MONKEY20

We were due to sail on friday but both tested positive. I filled in health questioner and sent off and was immediately banned from getting on ship. How long do we have to wait for cruise credit to show up on our P&O account. We want to book another cruise. We tried ringing customer services but gave up after being on hold for an hour.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Really sorry that you tested positive, it happened to us ( family of 6) just before our cruise on 9.4.22. 
We called them a few days before so did not receive the health declaration. 
The P and O lady was really helpful and re booked us as we had already decided on what new cruise we wanted. 
Although she did everything on the phone , about four days later we did receive an email about the future cruise credit but in our case we had already used it.

kind regards

Nicky 

Hi

We had to cancel ours at Easter due to covid, we were told we could rebook as soon as we found something we liked and didn't have to wait.

I rang a couple of days later to book and had no problem except the long wait for the phone to be answered.

Hope you are feeling OK 

Same with our Easter back to back, all packed ready to go the day before and one of our sons came home and tested positive.  Phoned back the next day and booked for something in the future.

And ironically, no one else in the house came down with Covid.

27 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Our of interest I presume you can't get a refund?  That would have to be on insurance?

Apparently insurance policies now specifically do not cover you if the holiday/cruise company offer a solution of rebooking.  I tried this for my Auntie when we tested positive at the beginning of this month and they refused to deal with it saying P&O offered a rebooking option.

26 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Our of interest I presume you can't get a refund?  That would have to be on insurance?

I don't think you can claim on insurance,  as you have received credit, and therefore not suffered financially.  

21 minutes ago, MONKEY20 said:

Hi i have been on my account and have my FCC, but my wife does not have an P&O account, does anyone know where her FCC will be ?

Ian

You both should have a P&O account.  It may be that you have to register her as well and get a log in.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

You both should have a P&O account.  It may be that you have to register her as well and get a log in.

that’s right you’ll be given an “account” even if you haven’t got a login yet.  They’ll be a reference number that it’s linked to, P&O should be able to help if you haven’t got it on any of the paperwork you’ve been sent.  You have to create a login using that account number to be able to view it online.

3 hours ago, MONKEY20 said:

Hi i have been on my account and have my FCC, but my wife does not have an P&O account, does anyone know where her FCC will be ?

Ian

My wife does not have a P&O website account.  However, she does have a P&O customer number.  Our cruise FCC's were split evenly between our accounts.  When I phoned to book a new cruise, they can see them all and brought all into the new cruise.