Emerald to Diamond

cacjnr

Next month we sail from Southampton on Anthem of the Seas for 12 nights. After 4 nights of the cruise we will have enough days to go to diamond level  Will we get any of the diamond benefits for the remainder of our cruise? Or do we not get it until the next cruise.

2 minutes ago, cacjnr said:

Next month we sail from Southampton on Anthem of the Seas for 12 nights. After 4 nights of the cruise we will have enough days to go to diamond level  Will we get any of the diamond benefits for the remainder of our cruise? Or do we not get it until the next cruise.

unfortunately, you have to wait until the next cruise.  But congrats on making Diamond!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, cacjnr said:

Any way you could squeeze in a 4 day cruise before your 12 day Anthem cruise? Or a 2 day in a Jr Suite?  Hubby and I are doing an 11 day cruise on Anthem next month as our first cruise as diamonds. We did 2 short cruises in Jr Suites in Feb to make sure we got there!!  Now with the 88 free drinks between the two of us we are reconsidering our DBP purchase!! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cruzmaniac said:

Any way you could squeeze in a 4 day cruise before your 12 day Anthem cruise? Or a 2 day in a Jr Suite?  Hubby and I are doing an 11 day cruise on Anthem next month as our first cruise as diamonds. We did 2 short cruises in Jr Suites in Feb to make sure we got there!!  Now with the 88 free drinks between the two of us we are reconsidering our DBP purchase!! 

We are 7 points from Diamond and are planning a 7 night cruise in October/November to get there.  Based on your post, it looks like we might have options on shorter cruises?  Do we automatically get double points in junior suites and above?  Any other way to get more points?

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes.

Not at this time.

Biker, who is waiting for the points police.

Thanks!  This might be just what I need to convince my DH.  He isn't sure he's ready for a 7 night cruise, but I think I can get him to do 4 nights.

53 minutes ago, bluegirlum said:

Do we automatically get double points in junior suites and above?  Any other way to get more points?

49 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes.

Not at this time.

Solo (in a double occupancy cabin) will get you an extra point.

< Jr. Suite = 1 pt.

>= Jr. Suite = 1 + 1 (suite) = 2 pts.

< Jr. Suite = 1 + 1 (solo) = 2 pts.

>= Jr. Suite = 1 + 1 (suite) + 1 (solo) = 3 pts.

big year for me.  Will roll over to Diamond plus next week while on symphony, and I think I will  get my 2nd crystal in late fall when on Oasis.  The I would have two crystals for ships whose name starts with an O.  Ovation and Oasis.

then to get to Pinnacle, well I won't even try as I do sail on other cruise lines too.

Just now, Another_Critic said:

My first two were A ... Adventure and Anthem (still waiting for it).  Just earned my 3rd on Enchantment (waiting for it).

why are you waiting?

you should have them by now.

My story is I got overlooked in 2019 while on the Ovation high profile first cruise from Vancouver.

Then again I did not realize about crystals and only learned about them during pandemice and reading cruise critics.

So when on Anthem in the fall of 2021, I asked the C/A person would I get a crystal from Anthem.

They researched and said an email went to headquarters and I would indeed get Ovation and it indeed came within 6 weeks after I got off of Anthem.  I wanted Anthem but they said I earned Ovation.

So if you are waiting more than 6 weeks, call down to Crown and Anchor and request the crystals to ship right away.  Unless they are low on supply (like the how world is) there is no reason not to send them to you.  Could be an overlook at this point.

Good luck

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

why are you waiting?

you should have them by now.

The Loyalty Ambassador on Enchantment, when I sailed last month, put in requests for the missing Anthem and Enchantment (none on the ship) blocks.  I'll check with C&A if I don't get them by mid-May.

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

The Loyalty Ambassador on Enchantment, when I sailed last month, put in requests for the missing Anthem and Enchantment (none on the ship) blocks.  I'll check with C&A if I don't get them by mid-May.

aw so you were overlooked like I was.  well if the ambassador did put the request in, I am sure you are in the queue then.  I mean they are earned every 70 points and you were missing two.  wow.

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

BTW I see you are also in PA and I assume you drive to both ships?

Did you like Enchantment and leaving from Baltimore?  Car safe in lot?

2 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

aw so you were overlooked like I was.  well if the ambassador did put the request in, I am sure you are in the queue then.  I mean they are earned every 70 points and you were missing two.  wow.

October, 2021 to March, 2022 = 31 days ( 7 + 7 + 9 + 8 ) Solo + double points = 124 points.  🙂

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

October, 2021 to March, 2022 = 31 days ( 7 + 7 + 9 + 8 ) Solo + double points = 124 points.  🙂

oh my so they were recent.  well I stand corrected.  31 days good for you.  Sounds like the crystal department is moving slow.

4 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

BTW I see you are also in PA and I assume you drive to both ships?

Did you like Enchantment and leaving from Baltimore?  Car safe in lot?

Yes, drive to CL and Baltimore.  Have also driven to Manhattan, Philly, and Norfolk.  And drove home from Quebec City (one way cruise on Adventure - CL to Quebec).

Easy drive to Baltimore, $15/day for parking, car safe every time.

3 sailings from old port (Dundalk), 10 sailing so far from the current port. 

Enchantment was okay, but needs some TLC.  Nice pool deck on Enchantment.  I would sail her again (maybe late May!), but I actually preferred Grandeur.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Solo (in a double occupancy cabin) will get you an extra point.

< Jr. Suite = 1 pt.

>= Jr. Suite = 1 + 1 (suite) = 2 pts.

< Jr. Suite = 1 + 1 (solo) = 2 pts.

>= Jr. Suite = 1 + 1 (suite) + 1 (solo) = 3 pts.

So if my husband and I cruise together in a junior suite, we won't get extra points?  Math isn't my strong suit lol.  

We are going on an 11 night TA next spring…we will be just under diamond, so upgraded our 4 nighter in March to a JS. The cost difference was $300, which is way less than purchasing even the refreshment package for us for the 11 nighter. Might be worth looking into something like that as folks have suggested.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 9:04 AM, cruzmaniac said:

Several years ago we had a 12 day planned just before reaching Diamond.  We did just this - took a four-day to get to D before the longer cruise.

• Like 2

On 4/28/2022 at 3:46 PM, bluegirlum said:

We are 7 points from Diamond and are planning a 7 night cruise in October/November to get there.  Based on your post, it looks like we might have options on shorter cruises?  Do we automatically get double points in junior suites and above?  Any other way to get more points?

Yes double points in Jr Suites and above.