Crown Princes changed our itinerary time for Juneau

Jlhutch6

I was booked for a 1pm Mendenhall Glacier tour and Tram combo for June 27 through Princess but they just emailed that they are now arriving at 2:30! And they cancelled Ketchikan but that is another tale. I went through the chat with Princess and they don’t have later options for any excursions. But they “may” email us “if” they have later options. So should I go ahead and try to book separate private excursions for the afternoon? Crown Princess is having some kind of engine issues so the email said CP was reduced speed, and I’m worried the ship will keep changing arrival times from sea too. This is our first cruise, so I’m really disappointed. I’d appreciate any advice!

Edited by Jlhutch6

I normally prefer to book independently, but with a ship having issues, I would probably stick with excursions through Princess. That way if additional changes occur, they will reschedule or refund your canceled excursions. The upside is it will be daylight until around 10:00 PM when you are there, So you should still have time for an excursion.

Thank you, I just hope there are afternoon options to Mendenhall. I don’t see any from the private buses. But I guess I could take a taxi last minute and book the tram on location when we’re there, if Princess doesn’t offer options. It didn’t sound promising. 

Don't bother with the tram until you get there and after Mendenhall. Make sure you can see the top of the mountain so you don't go up in the clouds. Lots of availability. Spend your time now on how to get to Mendenhall and more importantly how to get back. Watch the times for the last busses in your searching. You likely don't need a tour as once you get to the visitor center just follow the signs. You can also search youtube for videos that will explain everything and show the trails. You might look for glacier and whale watching combo. Taxi in days past were good but now have $12 p/p surcharge in addition to taxi fare. Fyi it is about 30-45 min drive from the piers downtown. sightcrr

Edited by SightCRR
  • Like 1

I just went to the Princess site and it shows arrival at 230 and several tours available. maybe look again. Cruise Details - 7-Day Inside Passage (with Glacier Bay National Park) - Princess Cruises

Some of the Skagway tours have not be updated to reflect that the train doesn't go to Fraiser this year. It could be all goofed up. sightcrr

11 minutes ago, SightCRR said:

I just went to the Princess site and it shows arrival at 230 and several tours available. maybe look again. Cruise Details - 7-Day Inside Passage (with Glacier Bay National Park) - Princess Cruises

Some of the Skagway tours have not be updated to reflect that the train doesn't go to Fraiser this year. It could be all goofed up. sightcrr

When you choose the excursions in My Booking they all start before 2:30 right now. I guess they realize they need to update it. For peace of mind, I’ll know I have the taxi to the glacier and in-person, same day Tram ticket options.