Signature promotion obc

Cruiseskier

13 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Just booked the five free excursions. Fairly straightforward and easier than Princess. 

if my travel agent later gives me some onboard credit will  I be able to view it on my account once on the ship? Dies the Tv in the room let you access your onboard account?

Yes.  Your TA OBC will be on a card in your stateroom and the attendant will usually ask you to sign the acknowledgement.

"S" is very likely OBC from the Signature Group of TA's.  We have received extra money several times without knowing it until onboard.  You can check if your TA is a member of their group.

1 hour ago, oskidunker said:

Just booked the five free excursions. Fairly straightforward and easier than Princess. 

if my travel agent later gives me some onboard credit will  I be able to view it on my account once on the ship? Dies the Tv in the room let you access your onboard account?

Even some (non-OCAPP) TA SBC you might see on an O invoice (e.g., as a purchased “gift”) will probably not be listed on your O web account. You will get the gift card in your cabin and, most importantly, all credits of any type should be listed in your on-board account during the cruise. Note, however, that some onboard O cancelled tour refunds may not appear on your account until closer to the end of the cruise.

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Several years ago about 9 or 10  they stopped the double dipping perks

If you got PPG from your TA Via Oceania  you would only get $250-$350 OBC for the O club benefit (or vice  versa) if you had reached the Silver club status on the magic date in 2013 (?)  you were grandfathered & would get the full PPG value from each source 

Sounds like you were caught in that loop

Paulchilli was one that was grandfathered  & I am sure there are a few others still around that might comment if this is still the case

I am sure  some of the rules are so confusing  even staff have a problem keeping up

Over the years  there have been lots of changes with the O club as well as other  rules

JMO

I am one of those grandfathered in members who still receive full PPG value from each source.  A couple of times, I have had to have my TA explain to Oceania once I have gotten on board that I am entitled to this.  I understand that the Oceania Club Ambassadors on board do have a list of those individuals who have been grandfathered in. If I run into this problem again, I will know who to go to first.

• Thanks 1

On 4/29/2022 at 4:15 PM, Flatbush Flyer said:

FWIW: Oceania is a very different cruise line- pretty much the first true “premium” line- offering the same experience as a luxury line though with an inclusiveness “menu” replacing the lux line’s all-inclusiveness and doing so at a value laden price.

For example, look at comparable Regent and O itineraries at similar dates and with similar cabin levels. Add to O’s fare what options are in their “menu” necessary to equate Regent’s inclusive offerings.

Every time I’ve  done this apples to apples comparison for a veranda cabin on a multi-segment cruise of at least 3-4 weeks, the Regent bottom line is $ thousands more than O. 
IMO, beyond excellent food, service, often unique itineraries on small ships et al., what you’ll find in O is a passenger demographic comprised of accomplished and well traveled decorous folks who have worked hard for their money. 

The one exception I will note is that Regent offers more reduced single supplement itins than O, and for cruises much farther in the future than O. 
Several months ago I booked a 2024 SA itin on Regent w a 25% single supplement. Price was about double the O cruise only fare (w air). But Regent includes Bizclass air, all alcohol and excursions. Normally I’d book some private excursions/bring wine on board, but that still leaves bizclass air uncovered. All in all, I’m ahead by booking on Regent given its low single supplement. I should note that I booked this cruise almost 24 months out! Feb 2024. O is currently only offering reduced single supplement for select 2022 cruises.  Normally O is my preferred line.

11 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

The one exception I will note is that Regent offers more reduced single supplement itins than O, and for cruises much farther in the future than O. 
Several months ago I booked a 2024 SA itin on Regent w a 25% single supplement. Price was about double the O cruise only fare (w air). But Regent includes Bizclass air, all alcohol and excursions. Normally I’d book some private excursions/bring wine on board, but that still leaves bizclass air uncovered. All in all, I’m ahead by booking on Regent given its low single supplement. I should note that I booked this cruise almost 24 months out! Feb 2024. O is currently only offering reduced single supplement for select 2022 cruises.  Normally O is my preferred line.

So, what’s the deal with Vista’s single cabins? Any idea of how the per person cost will compare to the double occupancy ones?

BTW, in most of my double occupancy cabins, I am figuring in the cost of bizclass for O. However, let’s remember the issue of cruise line arranged air overall. The initial offer for intercontinental air is most likely a connecting flight with an unattractive layover (too short or two long)- often not on your preferred carrier nor allowing FF points accumulation.

Correct me if I’m wrong but, on Regent, is it really ALL alcohol (even top single malts and cognacs) and ALL excursions (including those on O that are OS/OE type) or are the complimentary ones similar to the O Life allowables?

4 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

So, what’s the deal with Vista’s single cabins? Any idea of how the per person cost will compare to the double occupancy ones?

BTW, in most of my double occupancy cabins, I am figuring in the cost of bizclass for O. However, let’s remember the issue of cruise line arranged air overall. The initial offer for intercontinental air is most likely a connecting flight with an unattractive layover (too short or two long)- often not on your preferred carrier nor allowing FF points accumulation.

Correct me if I’m wrong but, on Regent, is it really ALL alcohol (even top single malts and cognacs) and ALL excursions (including those on O that are OS/OE type) or are the complimentary ones similar to the O Life allowables?

I was disappointed with the pricing I saw on the Vista solo Concierge state room pricing. It looked like I could save 1000 or 2000 over the double occupancy balcony state room (I could be wrong and perhaps someone did a more careful analysis). Of course, Concierge state room has more amenities or benefits than a balcony stateroom. But I’m not really into that so much. 
as I was lurking on the Regent forum, I noticed some regulars would post that the included alcohol was not top shelf. I’m OK with that. And there is also some concern that the excursions are also not so hot. Anyway, I’m comfortable with my choice. My expectations are set to middling OK to good. After my R cruise, O will still probably be my preferred cruise line, as I like being able to choose a la carte which amenities I want to purchase and which ones I want to DIY (private excursions, bring onboard wine to drink in cabin or corkage, etc.)

On 4/29/2022 at 6:56 PM, oskidunker said:

Yes.