Live Cruising Review Oasis of the Seas 5/1/22 - 5/8/22 Lots of Pictures!

2 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I have no idea. When I started researching them and asking on here about them some posters claimed they were gone and some said they were still there. Looks like they’re still there.  I don’t think I’m going to rent one anymore anyway. Might try the beach club this time. Thanks for checking!

I saw the day beds at Chill Island but not South beach in March.

Late to the party as usual but following along.  Will share with our new cruiser daughters for our family cruise in July.

Just got off Harmony on Sunday and arrived home yesterday.  We were gone for 20 days, so still doing laundry!  

BTW, I loved Celebrity Apex, but should have done that ship after Harmony!  Too many comparisons going on in my mind!  Will never get another SV on deck 12, though -- too much shuddering, motion and soot!  And need to go with a handicap cabin in the future for poor DH.  Just too much walking on both cruises!  And neither of us liked the tub in the JS on Harmony -- cabin itself was fabulous, but wish they'd have a JS with a large shower!!  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Late to the party as usual but following along.  Will share with our new cruiser daughters for our family cruise in July.

Just got off Harmony on Sunday and arrived home yesterday.  We were gone for 20 days, so still doing laundry!  

BTW, I loved Celebrity Apex, but should have done that ship after Harmony!  Too many comparisons going on in my mind!  Will never get another SV on deck 12, though -- too much shuddering, motion and soot!  And need to go with a handicap cabin in the future for poor DH.  Just too much walking on both cruises!  And neither of us liked the tub in the JS on Harmony -- cabin itself was fabulous, but wish they'd have a JS with a large shower!!  

Welcome back and welcome aboard the virtual cruise … sounds like you guys had an amazing time!  Isn’t APEX awesome?  How did you like the cruise director Giuseppe?  I do not like laundry duty after a cruise !!!

• Like 1

Day 4

I asked about the count for the next cruise at Diamond Lounge and Ricardo said they don’t have that information yet.  For this cruise they were expecting 5300 people and only 4223 showed up.  If any one else can help with this it will be greatly appreciated! 

Day 4

Windjammer … they stopped letting people in because it’s full.  They are only using one side.  I don’t think it’s enough.  They closed down JR, Solarium and Portside BBQ for dinner they should open both sides for dinner at 4200 guests onboard.  Also there is a large tour group onboard that don’t speak English very well so they are all gathered at Windjammer for dinner.

56EFB907-5A93-45FD-94F7-2D72740BBB41.jpeg

40 minutes ago, luvcruzing said:

Beautiful pictures of the beaches, Benny.  It always baffles me, though, why people congregate at the bars there, whether the floating bar or the swim-up bar and stay there all day.

They have stying power… the swim up bar takes a little work so I understand why you stay there for a while

• Like 1

I love all of your pictures and reviews.  So nice!!

Oasis still looks beautiful and the food looks amazing.

They need to send some of those chefs on Oasis  to

train the chefs on Explorer of the Seas,  food there was 

mediocre and lacking presentation.

Edited by LATTELOVE
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Might try the beach club this time.

Good luck getting a reasonable price.  Had it reserved for August of 2020 for 65 pp.  RCI cancelled our sailing.  Have not seen it under 150 pp for our June 2021 sailing.  

I have said it numerous times and will keep saying it.....RCI's Dynamic Pricing policy sucks.  No other cruise line fluctuates the prices of their drink packages and excursions depending upon the sail date and the ship.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

I love all of your pictures and reviews.  So nice!!

Oasis still looks beautiful and the food looks amazing.

They need to send some of those chefs on Oasis  to

train the chefs on Explorer of the Seas,  food there was 

mediocre and lacking presentation.

This is my third week on the Oasis this year and the food has been consistently good … so good that I don’t think specialty dinning is worth it on this ship… so far!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Good luck getting a reasonable price.  Had it reserved for August of 2020 for 65 pp.  RCI cancelled our sailing.  Have not seen it under 150 pp for our June 2021 sailing.  

I have said it numerous times and will keep saying it.....RCI's Dynamic Pricing policy sucks.  No other cruise line fluctuates the prices of their drink packages and excursions depending upon the sail date and the ship.

The pricing is a turn off for me because I don’t see the value as a single cruiser!  I enjoy my south beach fun and the fried chicken sandwich just fine … but that is me.  Hopefully they will come to their senses and change the pricing structure a bit !

• Like 2