How many kids.....

MistyRo76

I have not cruise since pre-pandemic so I was just wondering how many kids were sailing these days on average? My daughter turns 8 in mid-August and was thinking of surprising her with a birthday cruise before she heads back to school. Her school starts right before Labor Day so timing is perfect! AND I have a VIFP offer that includes a $500 OBC, so it basically makes a short cruise practically free. I was just curious about if a lot of kids are sailing (obviously during periods when school is in session, it will be less - but thinking Spring Break other holidays, etc.). She would love to meet some other kiddos her age to play with onboard! 

We sailed the end of March and while I didn't feel like there were kids "everywhere" my 7yo had no issue finding friends.  He really wanted to do Night Owls (just to stay up late) and I was concerned he might be the only one there.  I checked back after a few minutes and there were lots of kids. 

9 hours ago, Wanna_Cruize said:

As long as she's vaccinated, she can participate in the Kids Club activities. 

I wasn't aware that she would have to be vaxed to do the kids activities! Good to know!

Yea, the amount of kids has definitely gotten closer to "pre-covid". In October, a normally quiet time of year there were few kids (less than 100) on our Oasis cruise. Over NYE on the miracle, surprisingly not a TON of kids, but more like 200 or so. Our Radiance cruise in March (spring break in some areas) there were 600+ kids on board! LOTS more kids.

Even with the lower number of kids, the kids club were fantastic! Daughter had a great time, and the counselors really gave our daughter a ton of attention when the clubs were super low capacity.

Just off the Vista (4/23) and there was some kids but not a lot.  We checked out the kids clubs (bringing our kids in July) and they had the 5 class combined with the 6-11 class.  And he told us if they are not vaccinated they cannot attend the classes so under 5 are non existent.

hi! I have a 9 and 12 yr old.

In Sept 2021 I think my 12 yr old was one of 5 kids on the ship. (my 8yr old was not eligible for vaccination so I left him home)

In March 22 it was a 1/3 ratio, the ship was sailing at almost max capacity 3100 of 3200 I think?(spring break cruise #1)

and on my April 22 trip they said there was 600 kids and 1500 total guests on board (spring break cruise #2)

Edited by KyloRen

3 hours ago, JMKreno said:

Our Radiance cruise in March (spring break in some areas) there were 600+ kids on board! LOTS more kids.

Sounds like we might have been on that same ship!