Options on a person booked for a cruise not going.

Hi,

We are booked for the Jewel in June for a cruise to Bermuda.  My son's girlfriend booked them a cabin as well.  I should say ex-girlfriend as she broke up with him on Saturday.  (Our son's 28 and she's 23.)  She's not planning on going on the cruise now, but our son still wants to go.  They are fully paid up except for the room service charge.  Is there a way to add another person to their cabin at this point?  My thought is that if he adds a friend as a 3rd person in the room and then the ex girlfriend can work on seeing if she can reschedule?  I am guessing that her booking is not transferrable.

Will our son have to pay her service charge if he travels alone?

Thanks in advance,

Flip

He can probably swap the ex's name with a friend's....

• A one-off, single name change is allowed from 89 days up to 15 days prior to sailing without penalty (with one original name remaining on the booking)
  • All Name changes made within 14 days to sailing will incur cancellation penalties as per the cancellation schedule
  • Name correction (e.g. spelling mistake) can be made anytime up to 48 hours prior sailing.

...but what amount he owes the ex (if any) will be worked out between the 2 of them, not with NCL. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Is the booking in her name? If so...this could get a bit sticky...

No, not really ... 

1 hour ago, Two Wheels Only said:

He can probably swap the ex's name with a friend's....

• A one-off, single name change is allowed from 89 days up to 15 days prior to sailing without penalty (with one original name remaining on the booking)
  • All Name changes made within 14 days to sailing will incur cancellation penalties as per the cancellation schedule
  • Name correction (e.g. spelling mistake) can be made anytime up to 48 hours prior sailing.

...but what amount he owes the ex (if any) will be worked out between the 2 of them, not with NCL. 

Spoke with NCL and it can be transferred with a possible penalty fee.  I've texted the ex and she is hoping that we can find someone that would be able to go at this late of a stage. She would like them to pay half of what she paid or at least a portion of what she paid.

Hopefully we can find someone.

Flip