Cabin changes

So, anyone else had the email saying they are about to change their cabins (but haven't, we need to wait for another email!)?  They have had the booking since December and the money since March and now with 4 weeks to go spring this on us.  Honestly, hundreds of pounds for hotels and parking, £68 for testing kits and all the worry they bring, still masks, no fancy coffee after dinner in the theatre, not sure it's worth the hassle....

My friend  an I have just had our adapted  cabin on iona for a cruise  on July 2nd cancelled  an moved to cabin that is not suitable  for my friend  with Ms p &o have had our money for over 3 years an we booked  this in November thus would  have been my 1st cruise with them but I shall not book with them again they have ruined my friends  last chance of a holiday  abroad  has her Ms is now galloping on,we are so disappointed 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Dorisshitty said:

My friend  an I have just had our adapted  cabin on iona for a cruise  on July 2nd cancelled  an moved to cabin that is not suitable  for my friend  with Ms p &o have had our money for over 3 years an we booked  this in November thus would  have been my 1st cruise with them but I shall not book with them again they have ruined my friends  last chance of a holiday  abroad  has her Ms is now galloping on,we are so disappointed 

It is shocking, what a way to treat customers; my Mum, while not disabled, can't /won't walk down long corridors so we picked a cabin next to the central lifts and now 36 hours from receiving the email still no word of what they are fobbing us off with.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dorisshitty said:

Have you spoken  to P&O  and explained the situation about your friend's position?  Surely in the circumstances they should be able to assist.

Which ship/date are we speaking about?

And there, in a nutshell, is the reason that we will not cruise with P&O again. A company that lets you pay a premium to select your cabin, then, at a moments notice, will move you, is not a company that I want to deal with.  

• Like 5

We have also been moved from our aft cabin, that we paid a premium for & choose carefully, to just another cabin of the same grade. I understand they are keeping an area for possible Covid cases but no offer of compensation, OBC or upgrade under the circumstances. We sail on Ventura on 21/5/22, only found out of the change last week! On contacting P & O they were extremely unhelpful & to be honest not at all interested.

As we will be celebrating my friends 60th, who has never cruised before, it is not the best start or impression for her. On the other hand I have done almost 40 cruises & my 7th with P & O..... & possibly my last!

• Like 1

Yes I note a pattern here. These cabin change emails appear to emanate within a few weeks of the departure date for the cruise. By that time everyone will have paid their final balance and will have few if any options to cancel and be refunded.

We had a similar situation with our Arcadia cruise where they indicated that we would be moved in order to create a quarantine area. Our TA went to bat on our behalf and discovered that they were moving us from A Deck aft to B Deck forward - which we would have been extremely unhappy about. At the same time she established that there were several cabins on the aft section of A Deck still being offered for sale. One of those was only 2 cabins away from our original booking. After some discussion our TA managed to get P&O to allocate the cabin closest to where we had originally booked. Why no-one thought it would have been a good idea to offer that change in the first place I struggle to understand.

Anyway all that shenanigans was a waste of time in the end as P&O cancelled our cruise about a week later.

• Like 1

The travel agent  spoke to p&o an explained the situation no change an then I called them an against  explained  everything, the woman was sympathetic but said nothing  could be done an said I know it's not any consolation but it's happened  to loads of people, I've emailed  Paul ludlow an nothing. I am going  to contact watchdog now I know that we are not the only ones

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dorisshitty said:

The travel agent  spoke to p&o an explained the situation no change an then I called them an against  explained  everything, the woman was sympathetic but said nothing  could be done an said I know it's not any consolation but it's happened  to loads of people, I've emailed  Paul ludlow an nothing. I am going  to contact watchdog now I know that we are not the only ones

Also -Have a go at "Rip Off Britain". They seem to champion a lot of customer complaints when the offending companies don't play ball.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00wck32/contact

I can kind of understand people being moved, but the lack of compensation or organisation seems bizarre. Some people are told straight away, others wait weeks for new rooms that end up being unsuitable. At the very least any select fee should be refunded as the other perks don't really make up for the inability to choose a room. I'm not someone that normally calls for compensation at any change, but this was all easily avoidable with a bit more forethought or communication. 

• Like 9

• 1 month later...

Had an email on the 15 of June down grading cabin from disabled they will email with new booking and cabin under their rules you cannot take a fold up mobility scooter in a normal cabin 

And I see other disabled people have had the same problem going by the email it will be take it or cancel seems to be some disability discrimination going on plus you pay extra to choose cabin and they are only giving £50 each back 

• Like 1

What with cancelled cruises, cancelled prepaid ports and now select cabin cancelation/redirection its noticeable that these things always occur AFTER full payment has been made , If I was of the suspicious kind I would suspect that the company are uncaring about their client base , or it could be that they are just useless at organization

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

What with cancelled cruises, cancelled prepaid ports and now select cabin cancelation/redirection its noticeable that these things always occur AFTER full payment has been made , If I was of the suspicious kind I would suspect that the company are uncaring about their client base , or it could be that they are just useless at organization

At least with our cancelled cruise on Arcadia we were offered a full refund plus a Future Cruise Credit to the value of 15% of total cost of the cancelled cruise. But the short notice given - (abt 4wks before departure) did rankle somewhat.

I am fairly certain that our FCC balance will sit with P&O for a long time and will probably expire before we use it. We're  only really interested in the adults only ships and I fear that they will not be around in the P&O fleet for too much longer.

Edited by arlowood

1 hour ago, arlowood said:

At least with our cancelled cruise on Arcadia we were offered a full refund plus a Future Cruise Credit to the value of 15% of total cost of the cancelled cruise. But the short notice given - (abt 4wks before departure) did rankle somewhat.

I am fairly certain that our FCC balance will sit with P&O for a long time and will probably expire before we use it. We're  only really interested in the adults only ships and I fear that they will not be around in the P&O fleet for too much longer.

Trying not to think about that event happening as were on Aurora in Jan 23 for 65 nights and Arcadia in Jan 24 for our many times cancelled world cruise, If they are to sell either or both of these ships I just hope we get plenty of notice beforehand as a lot of planning is needed with trips of this length