So many negative comments

We were on the Ovation last September, and the Wonder last month. Both ships were immaculate, and the crews were wonderful. The only downside was the alcohol brands in some cases were in short supply, due to the supply chain. I was always able to get an acceptable brand.

• Thanks 1

I travel a lot and keep my expectations under control. In my mind nothing is a 1 and nothing is a 10. All my cruises including the last one on Allure a few weeks ago have been just fine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mmcgann11 said:

We're 15 days out from a trip on Enchantment. My expectation is that we will have a great time, but are prepared for hiccups, largely because all of the ships are short staffed to some degree. RCI is working feverishly to hire, but it takes time in the current situation. So, "Patience" is going to be our mantra. Each trip has exceptional moments and some that are less so. Plus as semi experienced cruisers (we'll cross over to Diamond on this trip), we've learned a lot of little things to make our trip easier and more enjoyable.

I am 10 days out for the Enchantment and I go with the flow. Cruising is what you make of it.

Michele

• Like 1

On 5/3/2022 at 3:44 PM, Cruiser 5452 said:

Just an observation,  right now the complainers in this country seem to be the loudest and most active group.  I think that they believe if you complain loud enough and long enough it becomes a fact.

Could not have said it better.  

As dear ol’ mom used to say, “It’s easier to complain than compliment.”

What can really irritate me is certain people are constant complainers.  Did we not learn post Covid shutdowns that staffing in about any position is stretched.  DW and I, when out these days have more patience and tip better than ever, because, we’re glad they open and workers are there.

On board in March, one table was “”’that”’ table.  We told our wait staff that we are never in a hurry at dinner and they could always push us back if other tables were pressing them.  Happened about every night, “that table” just always seemed to have issues, mostly with speed of service.

Here is the catch, we were generally served after, and every evening we were OUT of the MDR In 50-70 minutes.  I told our stressed out servers that if “that” table needs service so fast, they could go to the drive thru in the Windjammer.

Eddie

• Haha 1

I’m the OP and I had not noticing many negative comments on here and on a RCL FB sites. I loved our Jan RCL cruise so much that we booked 3 more the week we arrived home. I’m sailing in a couple of weeks so I’ll be able to again form my own opinion of my experience. I’m hopi g that the neg comments from people are just from people who do like to complain and or have expectations of 5 star restaurants.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Akkers said:

Pls do spare a thought for the cruise lines who have lost billions during the pandemic. It cannot be easy for them to make ends meet.

And the crew who lost nearly two years of pay.

Jim

• Like 1