Watch your amounts due

Sabbycat

Last week I logged on to my reservation, and noted that the amount due was off by just under $500.00. As I had not changed anything in my res, I call celebrity to enquire about the difference. After being on hold for 45 minutes and the agent going to the escalations department, I was advised they double deducted the gratuities from my original invoice and they had adjusted my account and adjusted my invoice by just under $500.00.  I asked why I was not notified and I had to call and waste 45 minutes of everyone's time to discover this. If they need to adjust an invoice, I should be receiving an adjusted invoice.

I never did receive a response as to why I did not get an adjusted invoice, and if it is they usual modus operandi to increase a bill by just under $500 and not tell the customer. But I wanted to let people out there know, and advise you to check your bills. Oh, and they over corrected my bill an extra $40 in their favor! I had them fix it just out of principle given I had wasted 45 minutes of my time. 

13 minutes ago, Sabbycat said:

Last week I logged on to my reservation, and noted that the amount due was off by just under $500.00. As I had not changed anything in my res, I call celebrity to enquire about the difference. After being on hold for 45 minutes and the agent going to the escalations department, I was advised they double deducted the gratuities from my original invoice and they had adjusted my account and adjusted my invoice by just under $500.00.  I asked why I was not notified and I had to call and waste 45 minutes of everyone's time to discover this. If they need to adjust an invoice, I should be receiving an adjusted invoice.

I never did receive a response as to why I did not get an adjusted invoice, and if it is they usual modus operandi to increase a bill by just under $500 and not tell the customer. But I wanted to let people out there know, and advise you to check your bills. Oh, and they over corrected my bill an extra $40 in their favor! I had them fix it just out of principle given I had wasted 45 minutes of my time. 

Not to mention your honesty..

Yes, their accounting dept is a lot of 🤷🏻‍♀️ Glad you got your invoice fixed.

I spent about three hours on the phone today trying to figure out what happened to a refund I was due from January.  They had moved all my funds to pay for a new cruise with my friend, instead of refunding it, and refunded the balance overage to my travel friend's card. 🤦🏻‍♀️  The rep and I went through all the numbers, refunds, and balances. That was tedious, but got it sorted. It should not be this complicated.  I never got any invoices either. 

Had the exact same issue… After we made final payment it was still showing a balance due of exactly the amount of the daily service charge that was part of all included. Took the travel agent quite a bit of time to get it fixed.

3 hours ago, Sabbycat said:

You have to check every invoice from Celebrity. I sail with with Celebrity 2 or 3 times a year. And in every invoice I find at least one mistake. Sometimes more. For my upcoming cruise they charged me for tips. But I had had booked “always included”. And the OBC was incorrect. A short mail and it was fixed within 24 hours. But I’m really waiting for a booking without troubles. But then I’m on the ship and everything is fine.