Alaska round trip from seattle

stavy

Yes- it must be done within 72 hours of departure. However, it is possible to set up the account and enter a lot of the information prior to the 72 hours and it will be saved. 

Edited by 5waldos

If you use the computer and not the app on a smartphone, you need to have your passport and covid vaccination certif. in PDF form so you can attach them to the ArriveCan program, far as I've heard.  We will be using the computer to complete ArriveCAN and I have our passport and covid vaccination form in PDF form available so that I can attach them.

22 hours ago, akke29 said:

Interesting.  Just when you think you've gathered all the information to comply with Covid restrictions a new one (to me) pops up.  Nowhere in the check-in process did Celebrity mention the Canadian app and it didn't even cross my mind, considering the chances of getting off are slim in Victoria.

If I'm understanding the Canadian website correctly, the required Covid test results that need to be provided to Celebrity prior to boarding in Seattle will suffice for Canada?  

I'll add the Canadian arrivals app to my pre cruise to-do list.  Even though we may not get off the ship in Victoria (a silly 530pm arrival for a short stay.)

They do mention it in Alaska & Pacific Coastal Travel Requirements:

Canada requires arriving travelers to complete an entry form prior to arrival. The form can be found here.

• If you are flying to Canada to begin your cruise, you must enter your vaccination/test results prior to your flight’s arrival in Canada.
  • If you will be entering a Canadian port on your cruise that begins in the U.S., you must enter your vaccination/test results prior to debarking in any Canadian port.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/alaska-travel-requirements

• Like 1

On 5/9/2022 at 9:54 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

It will be so much easier and less stressful if you complete ArriveCan at home.  You will not be allowed to proceed with your embarkation process until you can show proof you having completing ArriveCan.

On 5/8/2022 at 4:48 PM, 5waldos said:

It is not a difficult form to complete- takes a few minutes. I don't understand why it seems like such a difficult task for some people. And as is often the case- better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have. 

Although in this case- yes, you need it prior to boarding. And from what I have been reading here on CC- it is a real mess and time suck if you get to the port without it. You will need to do it then and there and apparently it holds you up for quite a time. 

I registered on the ArriveCAN app, etc ... No, it's not difficult ... but if I didn't need to do it, I could certainly have enjoyed the 15 minutes of my life doing literally anythign else ... It's necessary, so, that's that.

Hopefully when I get to the 72 hour time window before the cruise, the app isn't a hassle then (especially when I'm dealing with flights and hotels and covid tests, etc).

I'll be flying to Canada in September [and actually entering the country], so, at least the effort of registering will be useful twice, I suppose.

Edited by someguyfl