Cunard 2024 World Cruises

Summer hols

Just seen the itineraries for both QM2and QV 24 world cruises and there seems no new ports and very predictable itineraries.

We are booked on QV 23 wc and with the uncertainties regarding port covid problems, we are thinking of moving to 2024, but bearing in mind 

the special events that they mention will be happening, we will probably stay where we are. 

What are your thoughts?

6 hours ago, Summer hols said:

Just seen the itineraries for both QM2and QV 24 world cruises and there seems no new ports and very predictable itineraries.

We are booked on QV 23 wc and with the uncertainties regarding port covid problems, we are thinking of moving to 2024, but bearing in mind 

the special events that they mention will be happening, we will probably stay where we are. 

What are your thoughts?

We are booked on the QM2 2023 world cruise but given the lack of clarity as to port call protocols that can change just before the ship arrives, I feel more comfortable buying lottery tickets than I do about not testing positive at least once on a 117 day voyage and having to be hidden away or off loaded in some less than desirable port. Highly doubtful I will pay the final payment in August. Hate to miss all of the celebration but 117 days of high level angst is simply not why I cruise. I do it to be able to unpack the luggage and then basically never lift a finger for 117 days of catered bliss. Protocols take that away.

• Like 1

@Lakesregion

I don't blame you for cancelling. We held back on booking because our cabin choices weren't available but now, we're grateful they were booked. The full Worldie isn't and won't be on our radar as a couple of segments are long enough for us but no way would we consider anything over three weeks next year.

Good luck on your alternatives.

Just checked prices for same grade of cabin that we have booked for2023

and couldn't believe the price increase. Nearly £6000 p.p. dearer for a BC balcony cabin. I'm aware of fuel price increase, but it does seem rather

excessive.

I'm surprised to find myself asking this, as I feel I really ought to know by now.  Is there anywhere to check category pricing information prior to booking being open?

2 hours ago, 57eric said:

I'm surprised to find myself asking this, as I feel I really ought to know by now.  Is there anywhere to check category pricing information prior to booking being open?

All of the travel agents should have all that info before the opening of bookings. I know they did for the 2023 world cruise s we actually booked 24 hours before it was officially open.

7 hours ago, 57eric said:

Pricing for the 2024 world voyages is available on the Cunard website.

8 hours ago, Burgee said:

Pricing for the 2024 world voyages is available on the Cunard website.

Great, thanks.  When I looked earlier I wasn't seeing it.