Ambience's Food

So what are these samples then?

The normal everyday dinner?

The formal dinner?

Random samples of individual dishes just presented as a single menu 

or an actual single menu?

Personally, it all looks rather fussy to me and I just abhor having a set meal with zero choice.

There is certainly choice on the main menus, which I have seen on social media. The menu seems to be structured with starters, soup, salad, main and dessert/cheese course, with a minimum of two choices on each course.

On 5/8/2022 at 6:31 AM, tim_london0 said:

So what are these samples then?

The normal everyday dinner?

The formal dinner?

Random samples of individual dishes just presented as a single menu 

or an actual single menu?

Personally, it all looks rather fussy to me and I just abhor having a set meal with zero choice.

Evening formal means in the main dining room.

• 3 months later...

Hi there

what is their coffee and tea like? I normally take my own tea bags but as this is a Brit ship hoping the tea will be drinkable. PG tips, Twinings?

Coffee is normally poor in the restaurants so that you fork out for the premium coffees. Is that the same on Ambassador. What is their paid for coffee like? Costa/Starbucks

Understand there are kettles in the room so you can make your own brews. Do they have mugs or cups? UHT milk I would assume?

thanks

Pam

On 5/8/2022 at 3:38 PM, Britboys said:

There is certainly choice on the main menus, which I have seen on social media. The menu seems to be structured with starters, soup, salad, main and dessert/cheese course, with a minimum of two choices on each course.

That may be, but we usually order two starters, but it was not always well taken. Once we had ordered one starter, some waiters would then say ,"Main", so we had to contradict them, if we had decided we wanted a soup or something.  Also, they try to insist on you ordering a sweet along with your other orders and some got a bit sulky if we said we wanted to decide that after the main course. 

Later in the cruise, the waiters realised that we quite often did not eat sweets anyway, so they were happier about that then.  If we did think we wanted sweets as we were eating our main course we would ask for it then, rather than delay ordering them.

Edited by tring
  • Like 1