Royal Princess Start/End Date Change Without Notice?

Akit

This is a weird one.  I booked Voyage 1236 when Princess announced the Royal Princess will be homeported in my city, San Francisco.  The voyage is a Pacific Northwest Coastal, originally to be October 8 to 15, 2022 (seven day) when announced to travel agents, then when open to public was from October 7 to 15, 2022 (eight day, includes overnight Vancouver).  I thought, okay, that date change was fine, and I get to spend overnight in Vancouver.

Just a moment ago, I was searching the Princess website to see if the fare was cheaper, then noticed this cruise I was booked, was rescheduled to October 9 to 16, 2022 (seven day).  But what's so odd, Princess never notified me, nor my agent, and the fare was even lower.  I just messaged my travel agent to take a look into this and find out if getting rebooked at a lower fare is worth it, especially I got a lot of OBC for booking it already.

Anyone else experienced this and not received any notice?  Doesn't have to be this specific cruise.  This is a first for me, and I'll have to ask my boss for an adjustment in my vacation time off.

I got an email yesterday that the cruise I have booked is starting a day later. I booked directly with Princess. When I checked the website not long after getting the email, cruises on the Royal out of San Francisco were not shown. It appears they are available again now with all the new dates. 

I also checked the SF Port schedule and it shows the new dates for the Royal. 

My November cruise on the Royal was also changed but I received an email.  Was told in the email that I would be informed of my new fare on Monday, May 16.  Also stated that Princess would honor the promotions/price of my original booking.

Noticed everything has been changed in my cruise personalizer to reflect the changes.  All my OBC and promotional perks are there as well.

Update: My agent provided Princess's response, it's congestion at the piers, forcing the ship to be moved two days ahead.  Princess will re-fare all passengers, protect their benefits and a new notification will be provided on May 16.

It's not cruise ship congestion, it's Fleet Week; probably all the armed forces ships will be using any available docks in the city.  October 7 to 9 is the air shows; it'll be a treat to watch the Blue Angels on the Lido, but will be a traffic nightmare to get to Pier 27.

• Thanks 1