Rotterdam Covid Situation

flowery

On 5/19/2022 at 3:28 PM, jeh10641 said:

I live near Seattle and our daily case count in the state has doubled in the last month. Hospitalizations look to be up about 50%. Deaths are down to 1 or 2 per day. My wife and I are around 80 with health conditions. We still go out to dine and shop and visit friends/family. We wear masks except when actually dining/drinking, inside or outside. And probably will continue to so for the foreseeable future. Not only to protect ourselves but to protect those around us. We may be in endemic but Covid is still out there and affecting people.

Jim

I’m 34 with Lupus and in NJ. I’m wearing a mask and will when I cruise in August. It doesn’t bother me

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I was on the May8th 2022 Rotterdam cruise.  I tested negative the day of embarkation.  I was fully vaccinated and 2 booster shots.  I wore a mask, washed my hands and used sanitizer.  I still got covid.  The ventilation system on the ship is shared by all cabins.  They are not able to treat you on board so you left to suffer.  They put you in a quarantine room and service was absolutely the worse.  Then they wanted to take me to Rotterdam the city one hour away to quarantine there until May 29th.  My flight would be out of Amsterdam so I made my own arrangements against their wishes.  For the 4 days I could not use the ship I got cruise credits (like I would ever use them again).  The hotel and food is out of pocket and when I got back I had to deal with the insurance that I purchased through Holland America.  After two months of reviewing the documents they asked for, they then asked for additional documents.  I had to pay out-of-pocket expenses of $3000.  Worse experience of my life.  I am very hesitant about ever cruising again.

• Like 2