Platinum Protection & Trip Delay

NukeTim

Anyone ever file for reimbursement from HAL platinum insurance for a trip delay?  It says there is a $500 benefit.  The reason I’m asking is that the only day I can get a free Mileage ticket is for arrival in the early morning on the day of the ship’s departure (leaving day before with overnight nonstop flight to Amsterdam).  I really wouldn’t want to cancel entire cruise, but I’d be responsible for meals, hotel, and flight to catch up to ship in Norway.  Have any of you filed a claim for such an airline delay?  I know, I really should go in a few days early but airfares to Europe this summer are sky high and almost as much as the cruise.  If I did but a Flight Ease ticket, do they just help or actually cover catch-up expenses?  Thoughts?

From HAL’s website on CPP

Trip cancellation protection is in effect once you activate enrollment by purchasing the plan, up to 24 hours prior to the start of your scheduled travel (sea, land and/or air) arrangements made by Holland America Line with CPP Standard, and up to the start of your scheduled travel with CPP Platinum. Other benefits and services provided with the Platinum Plan are effective once you depart on your trip.”