"On-Point Testing Company" for Virtual Proctored tests??

Ellemill

I know people have mentioned IHealth for proctored Covid tests but they appear to be sold out right now for appts. 

Has anyone used On-Point Testing Company? It says you can use any test and they proctor it for you and provide official results needed for travel. 

has anyone used them? Looks like $25 each. Still cheaper than trying to use EMed?? 

• 1 month later...

I have read lots of positive interactions with this company and a few negative comments.  Nothing that would make me pause to use them.  My question is - a lot of at home tests have two tests in the box.  What if the box is already opened?

19 minutes ago, PKB said:

I have read lots of positive interactions with this company and a few negative comments.  Nothing that would make me pause to use them.  My question is - a lot of at home tests have two tests in the box.  What if the box is already opened?

We are wondering the same thing.  My dh has emailed the company.  We are awaiting a response.

On 5/5/2022 at 2:46 PM, Ellemill said:

I know people have mentioned IHealth for proctored Covid tests but they appear to be sold out right now for appts. 

Has anyone used On-Point Testing Company? It says you can use any test and they proctor it for you and provide official results needed for travel. 

has anyone used them? Looks like $25 each. Still cheaper than trying to use EMed?? 

We are sailing in September, our first since Covid shut downs.  The 'sold out for appt' confuses me.  Am I to understand that if we purchase covid tests for our sailing that we have to make appointment for proctoring?  

1 hour ago, misha1 said:

The 'sold out for appt' confuses me.

I don't think that they're actually "sold out". I seem to recall reading somewhere that iHealth simply stopped taking future appointments and got out of the proctoring business. I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, RichYak said:

I don't think that they're actually "sold out". I seem to recall reading somewhere that iHealth simply stopped taking future appointments and got out of the proctoring business. I could be wrong.

So this is different than E med

38 minutes ago, misha1 said:

So this is different than E med

Misha - the posts in this thread are mostly from months ago.  In April and May they likely were sold out as you needed a proctored test to fly.  Today demand dropped by almost 98%.

Truly suggest a Google search.  I found 42 companies doing proctoring in the US and Canada in a few minutes.  All of them are pretty much the same.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I found 42 companies doing proctoring in the US and Canada in a few minutes.  All of them are pretty much the same.  

Checked out the first google page.  About half of them required purchasing a specific test, usually from them.  Some did not specify that a particular test was required, and nothing was in their FAQ about purchasing a specific test.  I did notice that OnPoint-testing got the number one spot on the page.

We tested via OnPoint today with regular free at home tests that we already had on hand (Flowflex). It was very easy - we logged into a Zoom (husband and I logged into the same Zoom from two separate computers with one proctor). When I picked the appointment slot it said you could have up to 4 tests in one slot. She asked to see the (unopened) test box, then watched as I handed half of the contents to my husband. We held up each item as we unwrapped them. Then we tested and when it was done and we were negative, she had us pick up the test strips and hold them, and I think she did a screen grab. She had asked for my email, and emailed me the results which was a nice extra touch. You also get a link to download the results. It was $15/pp, though I've seen it for as low as $10.

• Like 1