Miserable customer service experience

Jchivers

For my upcoming cruise (Trade Routes of the Middle Ages) I booked my own flights; gave the information to Viking, and requested airport transfers. So far so good.

I just got word from Air Canada that they've cancelled my flight landing in Bergen and put me on a different one 2 hours later; so I need to tell Viking to modify their transfer info for me.  Should be simple, right?

I called the 800 number and was immediately transferred to Viking Air.  (This was probably my first sign that something was wrong).  The agent I got kept asking me questions concerning what city I was flying from, and my seat preferences, and putting me on hold, and coming back and talking about "booking".  She was trying to  book a flight!  I kept saying all I needed was to update my transfer ... kept going on hold, and coming back talking about bookings.  I finally used words I've never used before: "Let me talk to your supervisor."  Another hold.  When I got off hold, it was with the same agent.

We eventually got it done. I think.  I may have wound up with another air ticket...we'll see.

Where did I go wrong?  I suspect that I should never have been routed to Viking Air

12 minutes ago, Jchivers said:

For my upcoming cruise (Trade Routes of the Middle Ages) I booked my own flights; gave the information to Viking, and requested airport transfers. So far so good.

I just got word from Air Canada that they've cancelled my flight landing in Bergen and put me on a different one 2 hours later; so I need to tell Viking to modify their transfer info for me.  Should be simple, right?

I called the 800 number and was immediately transferred to Viking Air.  (This was probably my first sign that something was wrong).  The agent I got kept asking me questions concerning what city I was flying from, and my seat preferences, and putting me on hold, and coming back and talking about "booking".  She was trying to  book a flight!  I kept saying all I needed was to update my transfer ... kept going on hold, and coming back talking about bookings.  I finally used words I've never used before: "Let me talk to your supervisor."  Another hold.  When I got off hold, it was with the same agent.

We eventually got it done. I think.  I may have wound up with another air ticket...we'll see.

Where did I go wrong?  I suspect that I should never have been routed to Viking Air

There is just so much that went wrong here and none of it appears to be of your making.

Please report this incident directly to Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com. They really need to know about it and to make things right. 

Include your booking number and your phone number and a detailed description of the encounter. Viking will probably call you to find out more and at that time, you can ask the person you are speaking with to make sure that 1) the arrival information gets changed; 2) they have not booked a flight for you; 3) they have not charged you the Air Plus fee.

• Like 1