Beverages package

shanty

Have a cruise booked on Norwegian Star later this year.  The cabin includes 2 beverage packages.  I'm not sure how this works and have been unable to find much information.   Also are there self service washing machines? 

No self service laundry.

The beverage package means that any beers, spirits, cocktails and glasses of wine under $15 are included. It doesn’t include speciality coffees (Starbucks/Java cafe), bottled water, bottles of wine. If you order a drink over $15 you pay the extra.

If you Google NCL beverage package you will find details, as well as it being on the NCL website. It is called the Premium Beverage Package (premium plus is an additional option which costs more).

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, shanty said:

Have a cruise booked on Norwegian Star later this year.  The cabin includes 2 beverage packages.  I'm not sure how this works and have been unable to find much information.   Also are there self service washing machines? 

Click on the promo on NCL.com.   On the next page scroll all the way down, click on "Terms and Conditions".   Everything is explained in that section.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, negn said:

No self service washing machines.   They do offer a special each cruise.  If I remember, it’s like $20 for a bag. 

It was $29.99 on my recent sailing - we definitely did not partake in that! 

Recent being April 17th out of NYC on the Getaway.

Edited by aaroncstrong
update information

Thank you for all the helpful information.

According to various sources on the internet, as we booked in the UK we will not have to pay the 20% gratuities on drinks.  I can't see anything about this in the NCL literature.

2 minutes ago, shanty said:

Thank you for all the helpful information.

According to various sources on the internet, as we booked in the UK we will not have to pay the 20% gratuities on drinks.  I can't see anything about this in the NCL literature.

That is correct. Instead of the 20% gratuity we pay a fee for taking free at sea. It works out at a fairly similar amount. However they have just put the prices up.

With the drink package, any drink that costs more than $15 you just pay the difference. Bottles of wine are discounted too if you wanted one with dinner. 

If you're in a club balcony suite, the laundry bag is free. If you're extending your trip either before or after your cruise, or on a long sailing >7 days, that one bag at $30 isn't a bad deal to save on what you schlep with you. 

• Like 2