Olife for solo reduced?

Dwtlion

Has Oceana change the Olife amounts for solo passengers occupying a double occupancy cabin? A cruise I completed in November as well as two bookings for August and next fall, the Olife amounts as per the website are per stateroom. In no case are either the shipboard credits  or the free shore excursions reduced to 50% for a solo booking. However when looking at the new itineraries just released, the Olife amounts for the credits and shore excursions have been cut in half- not what either the website or past practice indicates.

Now a solo pays the total for 2 beds, but gets only half of the Olife. If this is now the policy, the only Olife option that makes sense is the beverage package if you are a drinker. Otherwise, if you have selected Olife credits or excursions, you are in effect paying more than what a double occupancy would cost. Website error or new policy?

Having booked three solo cabins on Vista, I believe that you are correct.  I am having second thoughts about the solo cabins because of this and because of the bed placement.  Have you seen the photo of the bed?

As I said, I had booked the solo cabin on three Vista cruises.  Two transatlantics and one ten day Caribbean.  All in 2024.

The O life credit for the solo rooms was $300 for the Caribbean and $400 for the TAs.

When I saw how small and cramped the solo bed was, I asked my travel agent to rebook to a B2 veranda.

Now my O Life credit was doubled--to $600 and $800 for the TAs.

The difference in prices, when considering the increased O Life credit, was $600 more for the Caribbean and $800 more for the TAs.

To me, that extra price was worth it for having a large uncramped bed.  

I like the idea of the solo cabins but if think Oceania needs to reprice them.

A 10 percent discount is not enough for a bed like that.

Edited by basenji56
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

The difference in prices, when considering the increased O Life credit, was $600 more for the Caribbean and $800 more for the TAs.

When you say the O Life credit  are you talking about the OBC or the Air credit or something different altogether??  🤔

7 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

When you say the O Life credit  are you talking about the OBC or the Air credit or something different altogether??  🤔

The O Life credit is an onboard credit that you can use for shore excursions, drink packages, internet upgrades, etc.  It is not an air credit per se. 

15 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

The O Life credit is an onboard credit that you can use for shore excursions, drink packages, internet upgrades, etc.  It is not an air credit per se. 

HUMM

You are really paying for your own non refundable  OBC

You may want to read some of the posts on taking the OBC as an O life perk

For some it may work out if you are going to spend a lot Onboard  but  do the math before  choosing that option

JMO

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

HUMM

You are really paying for your own non refundable  OBC

You may want to read some of the posts on taking the OBC as an O life perk

For some it may work out if you are going to spend a lot Onboard  but  do the math before  choosing that option

JMO

I get the nonrefundable credit from O and a refundable credit from my travel agent. I used the nonrefundable credit for shore excursions, upgraded internet and tips that weren’t included. I got a refund for some of the refundable credit. 

i drink so a drink package has no value to me. 

2 hours ago, basenji56 said:

I get the nonrefundable credit from O and a refundable credit from my travel agent.

I think you missed my point  but  if you are using the OBC for things you would pay for anyway   it works  for you

Enjoy the cruise

• Haha 1