EzAir - Issue and solution

Waynetor

For our upcoming Vancouver to Anchorage and return cruise I looked on the Princess site at available flights from Toronto.  There were lots of flights going both ways, but I did not see a round trip option with the flights I preferred so I booked a Vancouver to Toronto one way and a Toronto to Vancouver one way.  Both were accepted and paid for.  Later when I checked our booking only the return flight was showing up.   Not being sure if there was a problem or not, I called Princess and was told that you can not book two separate one ways for a single cruise booking, so I told the agent which flights I preferred and she was able to do a round trip with those flights and she said she would cancel the earlier flights.

When I received my credit card bill all the flights were there with no credit for the one way flights.  So today I called back and got everything corrected with a refund coming for the supposed cancelled flights.  While at it, I asked if any better price available for the round trip but no such luck.

Lessons learned -

System will allow you to book 2 one way but will not actually make the booking.

You can ask for a roundtrip combination that is not on the site.

It pays to check your booking after any change.

It pays to check your credit card bill.

Since the cruise is 2 7 night voyages booked as a 14 night, I could have had the 2 original separate booking if I had made 2 separate 7 day bookings. 

BTW - the first call to make the change had less than a 5 minute wait on hold and todays call had a less than 1 minute wait.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

Since the cruise is 2 7 night voyages booked as a 14 night, I could have had the 2 original separate booking if I had made 2 separate 7 day bookings. 

BTW - the first call to make the change had less than a 5 minute wait on hold and todays call had a less than 1 minute wait.

Given separate B2B booking are cheaper or just close in price, I find separate bookings advantageous for EZAir for exactly the reason you mention.

Great news on the hold times!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 5:55 PM, Waynetor said:

Was your hold times for a "regular" agent?

I've been able to reach a "regular" Princess agent within minutes, the past few calls.

I have an EZair issue and was transferred to that dept........so far 3h 50m and counting😩

2 hours ago, AZjohn said:

You have way-way-way more perseverance than I ever dreamed of having 🙂

Just put the phone on speaker & continue with whatever you're doing.....and I needed to book the air.

Found out the reason I couldn't book the air myself online was because I had a $24 goodwill obc, which required supervisor override......what a system!!!

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2022 at 8:13 PM, Mingus said:

Just put the phone on speaker & continue with whatever you're doing.....and I needed to book the air.

Found out the reason I couldn't book the air myself online was because I had a $24 goodwill obc, which required supervisor override......what a system!!!

And now you should have more goodwill for having to go through all that because of a puny $24.  It could have just been OBC and then no hassle - or used to pay down against balance owing on the cruise.  Was the goodwill credit from PCL or an airline?