Discovery Princess Sky Deck Balcony Rooms & Retreat Pool

lgonquin

Looking for information on the balcony rooms that flank the retreat pool on some (or all) of the Royal class ships. 
These rooms have a glass wall between your cabin door and the outside pool area. Looks very convenient for day time activities.

Has anyone stayed in one of these or seen the arrangement in person?

Appreciate any feedback, thanks. 

I was in one of these Sun Deck rooms on Enchanted last year and have booked a similar room for November this year. We loved being so near the open deck area and the balconies are deeper than regular balcony rooms on other decks.  I think these are only on Sky and Enchanted, possibly Discovery as well. We had no issues with noise or motion. 

• 2 months later...

If I can tag on to this thread...do you recall the hours for the bar within the Retreat Pool area?

I heard it closes by 6:00 pm in the evening to help curb noise at night. That seems a bit early, especially around dinner schedules...then again, maybe that's another reason why it closes then. Would be darn convenient to have a pre-dinner cocktail while getting ready in the cabin!

5 hours ago, tlc1972 said:

If I can tag on to this thread...do you recall the hours for the bar within the Retreat Pool area?

I heard it closes by 6:00 pm in the evening to help curb noise at night. That seems a bit early, especially around dinner schedules...then again, maybe that's another reason why it closes then. Would be darn convenient to have a pre-dinner cocktail while getting ready in the cabin!

On Enchanted it closed  at 6. I cant see what noise would have to do with it but the pool area was usually pretty empty by then. We had a Sun Deck room and talked to the bartender a bit, when she finished there she went to work a different bar in the evening. We would go puck up drinks every night right before 6.