Vancouver Parking

memoak

5 hours ago, memoak said:

most affordable parking neat Canada Place for a 14 day cruise ?

Does that include a broken window?  I would not leave a vehicle downtown for two weeks unless it's secured at the impound lot.

As Glaciers suggested, the airport long term lot is the best choice.

On 5/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, Glaciers said:

We're parking at the long term parking lot at the Templeton Station at the airport for 15 days next week, $135US. Then taking the train to downtown.

We are using the same place.  very easy

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:10 PM, topwop said:

We are using the same place.  very easy

We arrived yesterday. Knowing I wouldn’t have cell service I printed most of the info we needed before getting to the border, everything but the parking instructions.  I made entry into the parking lot more difficult than it needed to be. I pulled up to the gate and nothing happened so pushed the green button for a token. Just about that time I could see the license plate reader scanning my plate.  

You’re probably already all over this but don’t push the green button. The gate will automatically open once it scans your license plate, if you made a reservation.   The lot is very full.

IF you get COVID on the ship or as you’re disembarking, and have to isolate, you are not supposed to take transit including taxi, ride share, bus etc. How would you get to your vehicle if it’s at Templeton? That’s my concern and my wonder about where to park.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2022 at 9:17 AM, kluv2cruz said:

IF you get COVID on the ship or as you’re disembarking, and have to isolate, you are not supposed to take transit including taxi, ride share, bus etc. How would you get to your vehicle if it’s at Templeton? That’s my concern and my wonder about where to park.

We would take the Skytrain as we did today, regardless.  We jay walk sometimes too. Living on the edge.  The chances of being tested and it coming back positive are slim, although it could happen.  Actually, we did ponder this for a moment and if just one of us was positive the other would get the car.  I’m all about contingencies but, in this case, we’d be getting to that car and across the border.

Thanks Glaciers. Good wisdom (j-walk). I did test positive recently on a ship, so hopefully, fingers crossed, that’s it for me for awhile. So then I’d be the one to “get the car”, if travel partner takes a turn at testing positive (ugh). Just something to consider. I also know, as a Canadian that tested positive, the government called me, twice, to discuss how my isolation was going.

• Like 1