Cathay Pacific Baggage Allowance

mike35

We're flying LAX to Beijing (via Hong Kong) on Cathay Pacific. Our return flight from Hong Kong is also Cathay Pacific. Their web site states that their flights originating or terminating in the United States allow 2 32KG (70 LB) bags per person! Can anyone confirm that this is this the case? I'll try calling to confirm, but this is certainly more liberal than our domestic carriers flying to overseas locations.

Mike

We flew Cathay to Beijing via Hong Kong in October and the weight limit was 70. Make sure they through check your luggage. We got on the Dragon Air flight from HKG to PEK and their weight limits are different. We were in the CX lounge in HKG when they brought it to our attention. We showed them the boarding pass from LAX, with the two luggage tags (HKG and PEK) and everything was OK. If the luggage would NOT have been through checked to PEK, we would have had to pay excess luggage charges (EXPENSIVE).

mike,

I'm assuming that since we both live in palm springs your last post was addressed to me. if not, forgive me.

Yes, I will be on a cruise as well, on the Silver Shadow leaving Hong Kong on May 6. We will be visiting Beijing during our cruise and really looking forward to it.

I'll drop you an email later.

Archived