Jewish Heritage themed private tours

donnajoy

In St. Petersburg, our Red October guide took us, at our request, to the Grand Choral Synagogue.

Copenhagen and Oslo both have excellent WWII Resistance Museums.

When we've travelled, we have occasionally attended Shabbat services in the cities we're visiting.

I googled Jewish tours Copenhagen and found quite a lot of information:

http://www.copenhagen-walkingtours.dk

shamash.org/links/

http://www.mavensearch.comwww.visitcopenhagen.dk

I suspect that if you google "Jewish tours..." and fill in the ports, you'll get more info.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone had any experience with a company called Copenhagen walking tours, specifically the Jewish Heritage tour that they offer? I was also interested in their guided tour of Rosenborg castle. We are on The Jewel of the Seas and will be arriving in Copenhagen on Tuesday July 4.

Thanks

Hey Andy,

Can You Advise What Time Of Day You Visited The Grand Choral Synagogue With Red October? I Have Heard Conflicting Reports Of When The Synagogue Closes To Tourists. Someone Said 5pm And Someone Said 8pm. I Hope You Can Set Me Straight.

Thanks,

Bob

We went to the Synagogue early in the morning. On your first day of touring Red October takes you for a city tour. We visited the synagogue during the first hour.

In Stockholm we saw synagogue on our map. It was within walking distance of the old town (on the other side of the shuttle bus stop). When we got there there was another couple knocking on the door. They let us in, but there was not too much information because there was no translator. This was a wonderful part of town and we got to feel the ambiance of Stockholm.

The Oslo Resistance Museum is very close to where the ship docks. It amazes me that so few people go to the museum and the fortress. The fortress even does tours in English as part of your admission. (They took US dollars but they don't give change. We took our change in picture postcards). Maybe the ships don't do tours there because they can't bus you, it is too close.

Archived