What are some interesting activities or attractions in Prince Rupert?

I just noticed that Princess has replaced Victoria BC port with Prince Rupert; has anyone been to that port? Do you have suggestions for activities or excursions? Thanks

While the name escapes me there is a lovely museum in Prince Rupert (Museum of Northern British Columbia perhaps?).   The one time we were there on a cruise ship we spent time at the museum, had a lovely lunch and shopped at a high quality artists co-op.

13 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

While the name escapes me there is a lovely museum in Prince Rupert (Museum of Northern British Columbia perhaps?).   The one time we were there on a cruise ship we spent time at the museum, had a lovely lunch and shopped at a high quality artists co-op.

Here is the web site for the museum.

https://www.museumofnorthernbc.com/

Khutzeymaheen grizzly sanctuary is accessible by boat day trip from Prince Rupert... and if you get lucky and book direct before the cruise line buys up all the local boats, you might only pay ~$500pp instead of potentially seeing that doubled and turned to USD!!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

It was a lovely small port 14 years ago when we cruised there on NCL. I walked to Safeway and bought some Canadian treats to bring home. There were so many eagles flying around it was crazy. We ate along the wharf. A friend went on a Kayak excursion. They had a lots of salmon markets.

Edited by arpie05