Randex LFT

Kittyonions

7 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Each test has a unique order number. I am doing a test run tomorrow as I have just got a smart phone. Hope it was worth it! Some of us travel regularly so can be doing tests several times a year.

Is this at home Antigen case acceptable by cruise line  -  I thought I read somewhere that it had to be a medically supervised test??  Thanks

It varies, some want supervised some the home on line like Randox app. Supervised difficult especially if you live in a remote area. However Dam health do them in Southampton. Also some lines give you more time, P&O is day before.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

It varies, some want supervised some the home on line like Randox app. Supervised difficult especially if you live in a remote area. However Dam health do them in Southampton. Also some lines give you more time, P&O is day before.

So the Randox one that you do at home and receive a certificate would be adequate then

Hi, just looking for a bit of  advice/confirmation. We are going on our first cruise with home-based pre-boarding LFT  (we did a short trip on QM2 in Nov but that involved port testing pre cruise and a day 2 test at home -we used Testing for All & it was fine.) Next month we are going on Ventura (not been on her before) from Soton and I have ordered & picked up from a local store two Randox Certifly kits. Relatives have cruised recently & they described LFTs where they were videoed doing their test. This Randox test doesn’t do that (you do the test, confirm it is you & scan in a picture of the test. Certification is sent to the app.)

Questions:

Are these tests OK for P&O?

Is it ok to use two people on one app- my wife’s phone is a bit older than mine?

Is it worth buying an extra couple of tests in case anything goes awry? ( we have another trip booked later in the summer.) 

Many thanks. 

1 hour ago, cruise saint said:

If we do a "test run", do we need to delete the results from the app before doing it for real and if so is it easy to delete ?

If you want to do a test run I would suggest you just buy NHS tests from a local chemist and use them for a trial run.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

Hi, just looking for a bit of  advice/confirmation. We are going on our first cruise with home-based pre-boarding LFT  (we did a short trip on QM2 in Nov but that involved port testing pre cruise and a day 2 test at home -we used Testing for All & it was fine.) Next month we are going on Ventura (not been on her before) from Soton and I have ordered & picked up from a local store two Randox Certifly kits. Relatives have cruised recently & they described LFTs where they were videoed doing their test. This Randox test doesn’t do that (you do the test, confirm it is you & scan in a picture of the test. Certification is sent to the app.)

Questions:

Is it ok to use two people on one app- my wife’s phone is a bit older than mine?

Is it worth buying an extra couple of tests in case anything goes awry? ( we have another trip booked later in the summer.) 

Many thanks. 

Randox is OK for P&O, you can put upto 4 people on one account on the app. We have bought 2 extra tests, one reason is that we have another cruise in November and they have a good shelf life but they will be handy to have just in case there was an issue with the upcoming test next week.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ranchi said:

Questions:

Many thanks. 

Randox fit to fly with certificate home test are presently fine. If you search You Tube there are videos showing how easy they are done.  Presently the Kit is £11 if picked up or £12 with code delivered. Fly15 or BritishAirways. It is worth checking  the click and collect button  and see if any local store has them in stock for pick up. Then just order on the website and collect. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y5m-ByKMZ8&t=40s&ab_channel=RandoxHealth

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fionboard said:

Hope so!

Our next Cruise is with Princess and have just been advised that the RANDOX at home Antigen test is NOT adequate, as the Certificate does not supply the required Info that PRINCESS are looking for.

Maybe use them for the following P&O Cruise later in year 😪

Just now, yamanid said:

Our next Cruise is with Princess and have just been advised that the RANDOX at home Antigen test is NOT adequate, as the Certificate does not supply the required Info that PRINCESS are looking for.

Maybe use them for the following P&O Cruise later in year 😪

I Believe Princess are looking for a Medically Supervised Test Certificate!!!!!

Just to

Just done a randox test. Very easy and efficient. Certificate back in 15 minutes.

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

If you want to do a test run I would suggest you just buy NHS tests from a local chemist and use them for a trial run.

Cannot do that, NHS tests not acceptable. Have to do on line ones with negative certificate from provider!

48 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Just to

Just done a randox test. Very easy and efficient. Certificate back in 15 minutes.

Cannot do that, NHS tests not acceptable. Have to do on line ones with negative certificate from provider!

I think terrierjohn means do an NHS test before your 'official' one rather than pay for two Randox ones (other tests are available 😉)

1 hour ago, Fionboard said:

Just to

I was merely suggesting they do a personal test at home to ensure they are negative, before they do the official fit to fly test.

5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I was merely suggesting they do a personal test at home to ensure they are negative, before they do the official fit to fly test.

Good idea, although what happens if you test positive 😬. Is anyone going to get someone else to do their test for them and pass it off as their own 🤔

Must admit I have done a test run with the Randox test. The point is that being able to get on board hinges on you sending a photo of a test then waiting for someone to review the photo and email you a certificate. What happens if the certificate hadn't have come through for 24 hours or not at all. I certainly was a bit apprehensive about relying on an app to go on a holiday that I've been waiting for, for 4 years now 😭. Having done the test run however I do feel a lot more confident as my certificate came through very quickly. Just hope the system holds up when potentially thousands of people are all requesting certificates at the same time.

Anyone know what time you can do your test from? I know they say 24 hours - 3-4pm onwards? Think the working hours of Randox is up to about 8pm? Certainly would be a bit of an uncomfortable wait sending off the test and then not getting the certificate by they close for the evening

4 hours ago, JDB78 said:

Good idea, although what happens if you test positive 😬. Is anyone going to get someone else to do their test for them and pass it off as their own 🤔

Must admit I have done a test run with the Randox test. The point is that being able to get on board hinges on you sending a photo of a test then waiting for someone to review the photo and email you a certificate. What happens if the certificate hadn't have come through for 24 hours or not at all. I certainly was a bit apprehensive about relying on an app to go on a holiday that I've been waiting for, for 4 years now 😭. Having done the test run however I do feel a lot more confident as my certificate came through very quickly. Just hope the system holds up when potentially thousands of people are all requesting certificates at the same time.

Anyone know what time you can do your test from? I know they say 24 hours - 3-4pm onwards? Think the working hours of Randox is up to about 8pm? Certainly would be a bit of an uncomfortable wait sending off the test and then not getting the certificate by they close for the evening

Sorry but I still don't understand trail running a Randox test using an LFT kit which is identical to the old NHS ones and has cost upwards of £11 each.  The method of use is the same, as is scanning/photographing the QR code.  

The system at Randox has been running for a while - our certificate came back in three minutes.  I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't even looked at by a human but just a setting on the system that automatically sends the message if the test says negative!

Also, P&O no longer say 24hours before, they changed that pretty quickly, it is anytime the day before.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Just to add, I can understand having a Randox test in reserve just in case the one you have isn't complete or gives an inconclusive result.  No-one would want to be running around the day before trying to find somewhere else to get a test done but don't waste it just to see how to do it - its identical to the NHS ones.

4 hours ago, JDB78 said:

For P&O it is now the day before your cruise departs, so you can take a test on the morning of the day before, get your certificate by lunch time, print off the certificate and then set off for your  overnight hotel.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 3

57 minutes ago, Waju said:

Just to add, I can understand having a Randox test in reserve just in case the one you have isn't complete or gives an inconclusive result.  No-one would want to be running around the day before trying to find somewhere else to get a test done but don't waste it just to see how to do it - its identical to the NHS ones.

I don't want to trial taking the test,  U would however like to trial the process after you actually take the test.  ie. Scanning,  uploading the photo and receiving the result.  I  would definitely feel more comfortable if I had done this and £22 to put my mind at rest is worth it for me.

One other thing, having read reviews of the Randox app they really aren't very good.  Issues with the app not working being the principal complaint.  Anyone have issues with it?

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

For P&O it is now the day before your cruise departs, so you can take a test on the morning of the day before, get your certificate by lunch time, print off the certificate and then set off for your  overnight hotel.

Which is what I will do. However this still changes our usual travel plans.   Being from Perthshire,  we are usually on the road by 6am to avoid traffic at Glasgow,  have a break at Gretna to allow Manchester rush hour to pass before we reach there and get past Birmingham (using the toll road) before afternoon rush hour starts there.  We usually arrive at Premier Inn Didcot between 2 and 3pm.

We could actually do the test then I suppose,  but if we were positive it would have been a wasted journey and also if we were delayed we might be too late to get a reply from Randox that evening.  Decisions decisions. 

3 minutes ago, cruise saint said:

Which is what I will do. However this still changes our usual travel plans.   Being from Perthshire,  we are usually on the road by 6am to avoid traffic at Glasgow,  have a break at Gretna to allow Manchester rush hour to pass before we reach there and get past Birmingham (using the toll road) before afternoon rush hour starts there.  We usually arrive at Premier Inn Didcot between 2 and 3pm.

We could actually do the test then I suppose,  but if we were positive it would have been a wasted journey and also if we were delayed we might be too late to get a reply from Randox that evening.  Decisions decisions. 

Why not do the test before you set off, as long as the test is negative you just have to wait for the certificate to be sent to you.

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Why not do the test before you set off, as long as the test is negative you just have to wait for the certificate to be sent to you.

Never thought of that actually 😅. Imagine being put straight by a Yorkshireman,  my Halifax born best mate will love it😂😂