NCL Wine

pugster

Instead of being dishonest, why not a real person and just report it and pay the corkage fee since you are allowed to bring it now.

Cheaters and liars never prosper.

More than kind of harsh in the reply there...

The information about bringing wine on board has not been distributed that widely so there is alot of confusion about the responsibilities of those bringing wine on board - even how people are too do it and let NCL know they are bringing wine on board.

The only great thing about the winelist are the great mark-ups enjoyed by NCL on many mediocre bottles. The NCL web-posted winelist lacks even basic information including vintage.

I am planning on bringing several bottles of fine wine on board with me -- I would like to hear the details of how wine should be brought on board and how to declare it and pay corkage --without having to incur the wrath of the wine police.

yes, the markups are unbelievable like on all ships. A glass of wine on Celebrity $9.00; on NCL similar. I still think it is better to be honest. You can carry on a couple of bottles, let them know and you will probably be charged a $15 corkage fee; maybe not, if you are talking about just a few bottles. You can also put a bottle of two in your luggage, if you get caught that's the way it goes. I know how you feel, we all feel the same way but to give advise as to how to sneak booze on isn't such a good idea. NMnita

I don't think it's unreasonable to want to have a glass of wine in my room, of my own choice of wine, without having to pay a corkage fee. I do this when I travel to hotels all over the world, it shouldn't be any different on a cruise ship. I'm not about to take a glass of my own wine anywhere else on the ship, so leave us room winers alone.:)

I brought 3 bottles of Australian and Domestic 1.5 L wine bottles before boarding this week for our group of 5. I purchased them in Fl. before the cruise and told the screeners upon boarding. I was given a slip which billed me $15 a bottle. Only once was I asked for proof in a restaurant for the corkage. I don't sneak liquor into Lincoln Financial Field for football games (other do) and I don't feel I need to sneak wine on board. I save about 50% legally and enjoy the the wine and evening with friends.

I will pay the corkage fee. Thanks for all of your input. I don't want to be a cheater and be put in the brig.:p

You wouldn't be put in the brig, I don't think: what a place to spend a week cruising, at least you wouldn't get a sun burn. Seriously, you are right about the hotel. We too always have a wine in our hotel, but for whatever reason ships are different. I am not saying I or any of us like it, but that is the way it is. Until about 18 months ago NCL wouldn't even allow you to bring wine on period. NMnita

Are you all very sure it is ok to bring wine/champagne onboard. I just rec'd my docs for April cruise and they state very clearly "no alcoholic beverages of any kind". Is the wine/corkage fee written anywhere? I would simply like to bring my perferred champagne and wines (legally of course) to consume on my balcony.

We brought a bottle of wine on the ship from Jamica and paid a 15.00 corkage fee. The total cost for our wine at dinner that night was 22.00. Wish we would have brought more for the last 3 nights.

What is the coarkage fee they charge now. I do think you should be able to bring your own with you if you want. It is like people who smoke, maybe they should not allow them to bring cigarettes. I see they do not stop you from bring chips, cookies, crackers in. Why not charge those people as well.:eek:

Archived