What can we do in Curacao?

eabplus2

We are a family of 4. We will be on Curaceo on July 14th. (7am to 6pm). Arriving on the Allure of the Seas. Tours from the criuse line are mostly booked up.(not all) I have looked into private tours and those too are booked up. Can you suggest things to do? How much are the taxis? Thank you.

Elizabeth

7 hours ago, eabplus2 said:

We are a family of 4. We will be on Curaceo on July 14th. (7am to 6pm). Arriving on the Allure of the Seas. Tours from the criuse line are mostly booked up.(not all) I have looked into private tours and those too are booked up. Can you suggest things to do? How much are the taxis? Thank you.

Elizabeth

Contact Curaçao VIP taxi and Tour!

You can rent a car in Curacao and drive to Playa Piskado beach to swim with turtles.  We used Advance Car Rental. Came with GPS with premarked places and cell phone to call him in case of emergency.  It was easy to navigate the island.  we stopped at the flamingos too.

• Like 3

Thank you! I will tell DH and the family I am going with. Can you pay with a credit card? Or do we need cash. And is driving on the left or right? I live in the USA so we drive on the right.

8 hours ago, eabplus2 said:

Thank you! I will tell DH and the family I am going with. Can you pay with a credit card? Or do we need cash. And is driving on the left or right? I live in the USA so we drive on the right.

Driving is the same as in the USA.  Contact Advance Car Rental.  He is wonderful 

• 2 weeks later...

We will be there in late May and we booked the Tuk Tuk cars for 2 hours. They say they will take us around the city and take us to see whatever we are interested in so we thought we would do it. SIL wants to see the city so that's why we are doing this. In the past I found someone that does massages and she picked us up at the dock and took us to a beach and she gave 3 of us a massage. She actually had another person give one of the massages so I played on the beach and in the water while my daughter and her friend got massages and then I got mine while they played on the beach. After that she dropped us off to walk across the bridge and we walked around some and then walked back to the ship. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/27/2022 at 1:46 PM, like2cruise99 said:

We will be there in late May and we booked the Tuk Tuk cars for 2 hours. They say they will take us around the city and take us to see whatever we are interested in so we thought we would do it. SIL wants to see the city so that's why we are doing this. In the past I found someone that does massages and she picked us up at the dock and took us to a beach and she gave 3 of us a massage. She actually had another person give one of the massages so I played on the beach and in the water while my daughter and her friend got massages and then I got mine while they played on the beach. After that she dropped us off to walk across the bridge and we walked around some and then walked back to the ship. 

Hello! Do you have the contact information for the massages? That is something my husband and I want to do the end of the month when we are there. 

On 11/4/2022 at 12:00 AM, Crowbait said:

Hello! Do you have the contact information for the massages? That is something my husband and I want to do the end of the month when we are there. 

Sorry I just googled or did trip advisor to find something to do and I saw a lot of things about a lady that did massages at different places. She will go to a hotel, beach, etc. It's been some years since we have done that.

On 5/15/2022 at 10:39 AM, RunnerGurl615 said:

You can rent a car in Curacao and drive to Playa Piskado beach to swim with turtles.  We used Advance Car Rental. Came with GPS with premarked places and cell phone to call him in case of emergency.  It was easy to navigate the island.  we stopped at the flamingos too.

are the turtles swimming in the open, or do you have to get an excursion once you get to the beach? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2022 at 4:27 PM, rizkeeper said:

are the turtles swimming in the open, or do you have to get an excursion once you get to the beach? 

From videos, they are right near shore. You may need water shoes because it is a little rocky. They are as close as 15 feet from videos I have seen. Go to YT and search Playa Piskado.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 4:27 PM, rizkeeper said:

No excursion needed.  We went there in 2017.  Hoping to go see them again this year.  This is not a fancy beach, had a lot of rocks.  It had a fisherman's dock there.  We swam with turtles and there was a huge swarm of fish that was pretty amazing to see.