LIVE Virtuosa 13/5/22 7 nights Norwegian Fjords

kernow

The chocolate ships are for Diamond, the day before we also had macarons and a bottle of prosecco. The diamond meal is one per couple even if both are diamond. If there are 4 in a cabin I think you can all have the meal.

I will find out about the tea and the photos.

• Thanks 1

Another lovely day in Flam today, none of us onboard can believe the gorgeous weather we are having.

We had pre booked the 10.15 train, the station is literally right next to where the ship docks. Boarding started 15 minutes before, sit on the right hand side for the best view. The scenery is stunning, we'll worth seeing. 

Some random pics from the day below. Sailaway tonight is not until 7pm.

20220517_081333.jpg

20220517_081252.jpg

20220517_120526.jpg

IMG_20220517_121005225_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220517_121244578_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220517_105633621_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220517_110648414.jpg

• Like 4

Hi there, we are booked on Virtuosa in June.  I have booked the train and waterfalls excursion as the shorter train was full. Which train excursion are you on? Any other tips. Pics look great!! Enjoy. 

Edited by Bonbon Baker

I had prebooked the train on the Internet a couple of months ago, it cost around £54 pp. As the cruise got closer it was showing as full but in the last week or so it was available to book again. I think they just added more carriages to the trains. It is a regular service that links to Bergen not just a sightseeing trip for tourists. As we were waiting to board we were talking to some people from the ship who had just bought their tickets at the station as they got off the ship, they paid the same price that we had.

• Like 1

Last night we went for drinks in Top Sail lounge for the sailaway at 7pm. It's a great place for scenic views. We then went upstairs to the restaurant for dinner and eventually back downstairs for coffee. We went to bed around midnight just as we were entering the open sea again  it had just got properly dark.

Dinner with a view.

IMG_20220517_190034618_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220517_195545752.jpg

IMG_20220517_201451676_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220517_201456993_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220517_204938972_HDR.jpg

I've just asked YC director Robbie and yes they still do Afternoon Tea in Top Sail with variety of teas everyday.

I'll look for photo prices tonight.

We're now docked in Stavanger, weather is cloudy with showers today but not cold. Just heading ashore now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kernow said:

I've just asked YC director Robbie and yes they still do Afternoon Tea in Top Sail with variety of teas everyday.

I'll look for photo prices tonight.

We're now docked in Stavanger, weather is cloudy with showers today but not cold. Just heading ashore now.

We loved the afternoon teas and plan to have a few during our cruise! Just something good about being served loose leaf tea by a butler in white gloves! 😊

By the way is Primas (in the picture) still in the YC? He was great!

0BFD1835-96D2-4BFC-8530-9BED3522A732.jpeg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

We loved the afternoon teas and plan to have a few during our cruise! Just something good about being served loose leaf tea by a butler in white gloves! 😊

By the way is Primas (in the picture) still in the YC? He was great!

0BFD1835-96D2-4BFC-8530-9BED3522A732.jpeg

We love it too. I recall going back some years 2013, 14, 15, 16 on the Fantasia, Preziosa they had a huge selection of loose tea leaves. Lately even on those ships and Seaview only a couple of choices (English Breakfast, Earl Grey, green tea + fruit teas)!

19 minutes ago, Raj.K said:

We love it too. I recall going back some years 2013, 14, 15, 16 on the Fantasia, Preziosa they had a huge selection of loose tea leaves. Lately even on those ships and Seaview only a couple of choices (English Breakfast, Earl Grey, green tea + fruit teas)!

I think we should encourage Kernow to have an afternoon tea and report back how many choice of tea there was! 😂

As far as I can remember there were 6-7choices. One for each day of the cruise!
😂🫖

• Like 1

We are taking this same cruise in June so i am reading this with interest.  Happy to hear any tips about planning activities or what to bring.

The excursions strike me as very expensive.  Did you take the organised excursions or plan your own?  Are there any that you really recommend despite the cost?

Also what are the temperatures like?

51 minutes ago, jacksmum12 said:

We are taking this same cruise in June so i am reading this with interest.  Happy to hear any tips about planning activities or what to bring.

The excursions strike me as very expensive.  Did you take the organised excursions or plan your own?  Are there any that you really recommend despite the cost?

Also what are the temperatures like?

I don't know if you have been to Norway before but if not, like us, I imagine you will be stunned by how beautiful it is. The sail ins/ outs all have lovely views so don't miss them, it stays light until very light so you still get to see it all on the way out too.

It rained this morning but has brightened up a bit now, temps about 15 degrees today. The last 2 days have been beautiful, a bit chilly first thing but sunbathing weather on deck in the afternoons. From what I gather it's like UK though and could be totally different next week.

TBH we rarely do ship excursions as they are always more expensive and you can usually organise something similar yourself if you are comfortable with that. In Gerainger especially there was a tourist office selling lots of different things that people said were much cheaper than the ship. As I said earlier the couple we've been chatting with did really enjoy the ship tour yesterday although it was expensive. What sort of things are you interested in doing? 

The nice thing about going from Southampton for us is no flying so I can bring lots of luggage, I have it all from woolly hat to sunscreen and have used most things.

3 hours ago, ConnieTact said:

I think we should encourage Kernow to have an afternoon tea and report back how many choice of tea there was! 😂

As far as I can remember there were 6-7choices. One for each day of the cruise!
😂🫖

We had lunch in the restaurant when we got back onboard today so don't think I dare have tea too😯(my clothes are already shrinking). I did just send Mark into TS to take pics though and this is what they have. Seven teas in total.

I don't think Primas is onboard, the only ones we recognise from last year are Bogdan and head butler Danny, also the lady behind the concierge desk whose name I've forgotten.

IMG_20220518_161206617_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220518_161220393_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220518_161230773_HDR.jpg

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kernow said:

Last saw Robbie on MSC Seashore.  At least he's closer to Glasgow now that he's on Virtuosa!

• Like 1

Hi Kernow

In the absence of personal messaging- if possible could you send me an email?

I have a question but best not talked about publicly!

My email is connietact ‘AT’ hotmail.com

Thanks in advance! 🙏

40 minutes ago, ConnieTact said:

Hi Kernow

In the absence of personal messaging- if possible could you send me an email?

I have a question but best not talked about publicly!

My email is connietact ‘AT’ hotmail.com

Thanks in advance! 🙏

I've emailed you.

1 hour ago, kernow said:

We had lunch in the restaurant when we got back onboard today so don't think I dare have tea too😯(my clothes are already shrinking). I did just send Mark into TS to take pics though and this is what they have. Seven teas in total.

I don't think Primas is onboard, the only ones we recognise from last year are Bogdan and head butler Danny, also the lady behind the concierge desk whose name I've forgotten.

IMG_20220518_161206617_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220518_161220393_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220518_161230773_HDR.jpg

Thank you so much for your responses. Glad you are enjoying the trip and the weather has been kind so far.

So just as I thought, only 2 variety of black teas now. Earl Grey and Breakfast.

They used to have 3 or 4 choices of black teas alone in addition to green and and fruit teas. I loved a very strong black tea then (I think it was called Scottish something). That reminded me of the nice strong teas as I had had at Tea Estates in the subcontinent and in Africa.

Edited by Raj.K

Just called at the photo counter. A single 8x10 photo is £20. Packages onboard are below in pic. Very nice guy called Parag said to ask for him when you are onboard, he recommends pre purchasing before you arrive for best prices.😀

20220518_204212.jpg

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Just called at the photo counter. A single 8x10 photo is £20. Packages onboard are below in pic. Very nice guy called Parag said to ask for him when you are onboard, he recommends pre purchasing before you arrive for best prices.😀

20220518_204212.jpg

That's great. Thank you for doing that.

It's been an education following your trip and we can't wait for ours to start on Friday.

Have a safe journey home.

Thanks again.

P.s. Did you ever play Empire 4 Kingdoms?  I think we may have played in the same team!

Yesterday we were in Stavanger. The day started out dull and rainy, we'd nothing planned so just got off for a couple of hours and walked around.The ship docks right by the old town so easy to just get off. I did not see anywhere to buy tours but there was a hop on/off bus.

We were back onboard by lunch time so booked an hour in the spa at 3pm.

In the evening we went to the show in the main theatre, I think it was called Mosaica, Latin singing and dancing. Typical MSC style, beautiful costumes and good entertainment.

After dinner we finally went to the silent disco, my favourite. It was fun and seemed very popular.

IMG_20220518_122128179_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220518_121824897_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220518_122018595_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220518_115211813_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220518_165306917_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20220518_202348228_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20220518_143320043.jpg

IMG_20220518_203610219_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

IMG_20220518_222053887_MF_PORTRAIT.jpg

1 hour ago, ConnieTact said:

How many times is there a silent disco? Is it only once a week? I hope it’s more! I’ll love it! 

They had it on the first formal night and then again last night apparently because it is so popular with British guests.

2 hours ago, kernow said:

They had it on the first formal night and then again last night apparently because it is so popular with British guests.

That sounds great! I’ve never done one before so will enjoy it.