Cruises departing from Ravenna

I'm interested to hear from people boarding in Ravenna (in lieu of Venice).

What arrangements are you making to get to Ravenna?  Private transfer?  Seabourn transfer?  Or something else?

I'll miss that glamorous private boat transfer from the hotel to the Venice cruise port!!!  

10 hours ago, cruising kirby said:

I'll miss that glamorous private boat transfer from the hotel to the Venice cruise port!!!  

You can still take the glamorous boat transfer from the hotel in Venice... to the bus to Ravenna! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We are doing the transfer from hotel Luna in Venice to TRONCHETTO, meeting at the People mover station….anyone know if this will be difficult to find? Not familiar with Venice.. bummed that we are not sailing out of Venice but …..stuff happens!

Our cruise isn't until June 2023 so much can change between now and then.  Currently its showing departing and arriving "Venice" on the Quest.  However the Quest cruises in 2022 are departing Ravenna, so I guess its likely that will be the case for us too.  Seabourn is telling me that as our cruise says "Venice", if it changes to Ravenna they will provide a bus transfer, presumably complimentary but that's not clear yet.

I am interested to hear how things go this year.  There must be many people making their way to Ravenna for Quest cruises.  If I can learn from their experience it will be helpful!  Please come back and report how the transfer goes.  I'm assuming most people will be transferring from Venice?

Seabourn FlightEase is selling air tickets in/out of Venice, Bologna and Milan.  I would assume that they are having transfers from all of them.  FWIW, unless you have some special reason to be wanting to go/stay in Venice, the closest airport to Ravenna is Bologna (BLQ).  It's less than an hour from Ravenna, as opposed to over 2 hours from Venice.  Plus, you can often find less expensive air pricing into BLQ, due to the higher tourist demand into VCE.

12 hours ago, Love Sea Days said:

We are doing the transfer from hotel Luna in Venice to TRONCHETTO, meeting at the People mover station….anyone know if this will be difficult to find? Not familiar with Venice.. bummed that we are not sailing out of Venice but …..stuff happens!

I have a bus transfer to meet there in another week (Azamara cruise).  I'll try to report back on how it goes.  Zooming in on Tronchetto with Google maps, it looks there is a new parking area that has just been added right by the people mover.  You can see it described as "Parcheggio bus turistici - sosta breve", which would be something like "tour bus parking - short stay".  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruising kirby said:

Our cruise isn't until June 2023 so much can change between now and then.  Currently its showing departing and arriving "Venice" on the Quest.  However the Quest cruises in 2022 are departing Ravenna, so I guess its likely that will be the case for us too. 

Not necessarily. There are some cruises departing from the Marghera industrial port on the mainland side of the causeway into Venice. They just don't have enough capacity there for all the cruise ships scheduled this year. Seabourn may have some of those slots next year, and there may be more capacity there by next year. 

17 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Not necessarily. There are some cruises departing from the Marghera industrial port on the mainland side of the causeway into Venice. They just don't have enough capacity there for all the cruise ships scheduled this year. Seabourn may have some of those slots next year, and there may be more capacity there by next year. 

Yes that is what I'm hoping for!

On 5/14/2022 at 7:29 PM, margbem said:

Find a good TA

I did, but it doesn't address the issue in that they ignore emails and queries from potential customers. There is now a whole thread on this apparent lack of customer service. 

7 hours ago, MBP&O2/O said:

I did, but it doesn't address the issue in that they ignore emails and queries from potential customers. There is now a whole thread on this apparent lack of customer service. 

Yes, agree that their shoreside admin is pitifully inadequate 

I was at Tronchetto this past saturday for the Azamara bus transfer to Ravenna.  The Seabourn bus was right next to us.  The busses picked up at the circle driveway just at the end of the People Mover on Tronchetto.  Both groups seemed to be fairly well organized.  My only concern would be that there is very little shade or seating in that area, and no rain protection if the weather is bad. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cruiseej said:

@curmudgeon98 So do you check in and drop your bags at the Marittima cruise terminal, then walk to the Marittima People Mover station, and take the short train ride over to Tronchetto for the bus to Ravenna? Or is cruise check-in handled on Tronchetto? 

For the  Azamara cruise this past weekend, there was no use of Marittima at all.  I can't absolutely vouch for the Seabourn folks, but it seemed like everyone had their bags with them at Tronchetto and handed them over to the bus folks.  Bag screening and security screening was done in the tent building at Ravenna dock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madera1 said:

We embark in less than 2 weeks and wonder when we will be advised of the time of our shuttle. We filled out the questionnaire a couple of weeks ago.

We board on Saturday. We have had to have our TA chase up Seabourn about this twice now. She says the first transfer is 12.30pm and we need to be at the airport by noon. Nothing at all in writing from Seabourn which I don’t like at all.

12 hours ago, curmudgeon98 said:

For the  Azamara cruise this past weekend, there was no use of Marittima at all.  I can't absolutely vouch for the Seabourn folks, but it seemed like everyone had their bags with them at Tronchetto and handed them over to the bus folks.  Bag screening and security screening was done in the tent building at Ravenna dock. 

Thanks. And that makes sense. I was conflating the people being bussed to Ravenna and people being bussed over to the Marghera/Fusina dock on the mainland side of the Venetian lagoon; I think those use the Marittima cruise terminal for check-in because there aren't facilities at the industrial port.