Solstice Alaska revolutionized?

Minniebug

I'm still not sure if the Solstice currently cruising in Alaska has been refurbished, even though I was told she was by two different celebrity customer service folks. Nothing online on their website. Anyone currently cruising to enlighten us?😀

11 minutes ago, Minniebug said:

I'm still not sure if the Solstice currently cruising in Alaska has been refurbished, even though I was told she was by two different celebrity customer service folks. Nothing online on their website. Anyone currently cruising to enlighten us?😀

Yeah, she's definitely not Revolutionized.  Please tell your Celebrity customer service folks to check Cruise Critic for the correct information....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Seems like the Celebrity CS reps are either not trained, are uninformed or just out and out lying to get people to book. The Revolutionizing project has been on permanent hold since the 2020 shut downs from Covid. Some rumors are 2024 is the earliest the project may resume, if ever.

Edited by terrydtx

When you look at old videos and the newest one they put out in April, it does seem like some of the staterooms have been refurbished with new soft goods. But no full revolution

Nothing has been done on Solstice. I'm on it right now and this ship is patchwork wherever you take a detailed look. My AQ cabin had three severe defects within one week. They still use magnet striped key cards that have to be replaced every 2-3 days because either the foil with the data peels off or other faults. I wouldn't book it again until it has undergone substantial renovations.

3 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Nothing has been done on Solstice. I'm on it right now and this ship is patchwork wherever you take a detailed look. My AQ cabin had three severe defects within one week. They still use magnet striped key cards that have to be replaced every 2-3 days because either the foil with the data peels off or other faults. I wouldn't book it again until it has undergone substantial renovations.

Fabulous

Fly and Sail….I board the Solstice tomorrow and you are clearly not having the best cruise….My husband and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary, is there anything you enjoyed this week that we can look forward to?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dgoz said:

When you look at old videos and the newest one they put out in April, it does seem like some of the staterooms have been refurbished with new soft goods. But no full revolution

It would bo good if they could at least update the software furnishings including the veranda furniture. I was of the understanding that they were replacing the veranda furniture when we last cruised on here in 2019. Didn't look like it. They may have given the cushions a clean? Still, doesn't take away that beautiful feeling of sailing on her.

Just now, Redking said:

It would bo good if they could at least update the software furnishings including the veranda furniture. I was of the understanding that they were replacing the veranda furniture when we last cruised on here in 2019. Didn't look like it. They may have given the cushions a clean? Still, doesn't take away that beautiful feeling of sailing on her.

*soft not software! 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, chefchick said:

Fly and Sail….I board the Solstice tomorrow and you are clearly not having the best cruise….My husband and I will be celebrating our 30th anniversary, is there anything you enjoyed this week that we can look forward to?

Probably I'm having a strain of bad luck but I went to Alaska for fresh air and some nice scenery so I'm happy with that. The weather was perfect, I enjoyed every moment that I could focus on the nature so my recommendation would be to enjoy your time at the destinations and treat the ship like a hotel.

Of course this was the first sailing of Solstice and I feel like they used the pax this week as guinea pigs to get up to speed (at our expense). You should have a better experience tomorrow onward.

Happy anniversary and bon voyage!

PS: Don't expect the wifi to work, no matter what package you have - it was a disaster!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dgoz said:

Not sure which ones but the huge stain on my couch pretty much excluded mine from having undergone any refurbishment. 😛

• Like 1

17 hours ago, deliver42 said:

All the rep has to do is look at a picture of the ship. If the hull is white, it hasn't been touched.

That would not help with the Solstice. I watched her sail in this morning to Seattle on a webcam and she has the new paint livery. I think the Eclipse does as well.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

That would not help with the Solstice. I watched her sail in this morning to Seattle on a webcam and she has the new paint livery. I think the Eclipse does as well.  

indeed. Both ships have been repainted during dry dock. The hull had to be taken care of to avoid the barnacle issue which Eclipse now faces despite all the measures.

20 hours ago, deliver42 said:

All the rep has to do is look at a picture of the ship. If the hull is white, it hasn't been touched.

Solstice hull is blue now.

11 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Not sure which ones but the huge stain on my couch pretty much excluded mine from having undergone any refurbishment. 😛

What type of cabin were you in?

16 hours ago, Redking said:

We were in Aqua class and the room was real tired.  Stains on the sofa and carpeting was wearing out.  The wooden footing  in front of the closet was broken and  loose.  The common areas were in good shape and we had a great cruise.  

• Like 1

On 5/13/2022 at 3:05 AM, Fly and Sail said:

PS: Don't expect the wifi to work, no matter what package you have - it was a disaster!

We just got back from the 5/6 sailing.  Funny, the last ship & destination we sailed to was AK and on the same ship 14 years ago!  Had a fab time and loved it being 1/2 full.  Yes, it would have been nice to have the upgrades but the VIEWS!!!  That is what you go to AK for.  Never went to a show!  We had a 10 top table to ourselves!!!

• Thanks 1