Live … Ovation of the Seas …Alaska … May 13 - May 20, 2022

On 5/25/2022 at 12:01 PM, harryfat1 said:

Yeah, if you do live reviews you would want to just upload the pictures from the phone or else you will need to transfer the pictures to a PC to upload, which requires an extra step.  Assuming you take hundreds of scenery pictures daily, it'll be a lot of work trying to decide which ones to upload.

My camera transfers straight to phone. 

No middleman 

That's how I got these to post

20220618_155209.jpg.63afe9b258763d9b3d2e69f074218c71.jpg

Damn bird

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks!  I am glad you enjoyed it and thankful that you took the time to post that you  checked it out.  That is what makes it worth the time.  

I am curious,  did you find the review by a general search or under the Live Cruise Reports section.   Also, will this be your first cruise to Alaska?  

Please try to remember to try a Doughboy in Skagway and don't share it with someone.   They are big but so good! 

If you have any questions feel free to post.  

We have been on several cruises but I believe the Alaska cruise will always be one of most memorable.   Hope you enjoy it too.

See you got your Rare badge

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No middleman 

Damn bird

I thought you sold your condo in Cocoa Beach?

50 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No middleman 

Damn bird

I like that my Samsung phone will let me erase stuff like annoying  birds.

image.png.420d3086a0c8806bbc4135e3d60ca10d.png

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

See you got your Rare badge

Yes,  that is why I am curious how @justKirbo came across this review.  Last week when the "badge" post came around someone posted about the Live Review Section.  CC had my October Symphony review listed there but I forgot about that section and when I glanced through it I didn't notice it was still there.  With so many Alaska cruise threads going on I asked if they could list my Alaska cruise.   I was first told they couldn't because it would be out of order but they were giving me a badge for both reviews.   🤣  I emailed back and said thanks but I didn't really care about the badge, I just wanted to help future Alaska cruisers and that the review was more about Alaska than the ship so it is not time sensitive.  Monday they listed the cruise...... out of order 😆 and left the badge.  I am glad they listed the review.   Did you have to ask to have yours listed?  Since they listed my October and skipped the Alaska one, I just figured for some reason they didn't want to list the Alaska cruise. 

14 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks!  I am glad you enjoyed it and thankful that you took the time to post that you  checked it out.  That is what makes it worth the time.  

I am curious,  did you find the review by a general search or under the Live Cruise Reports section.   Also, will this be your first cruise to Alaska?  

Please try to remember to try a Doughboy in Skagway and don't share it with someone.   They are big but so good! 

If you have any questions feel free to post.  

We have been on several cruises but I believe the Alaska cruise will always be one of most memorable.   Hope you enjoy it too.

I was going to say I found it when searching for Ovation posts but below you mention that "Rare" thread and I actually think I found it there. You linked it in there, I believe.  I honestly didn't even know there was a Live Cruise Reports section, so I know I didn't find it there.

This is indeed our first Alaskan cruise. We've done Panama Canal, Transatlantic, Mediterranean, Pacific Coast, Caribbean, Mexico, but never Alaska. We're all looking forward to it.

We will indeed try Doughboys on your recommendation. They look like what we'd call Elephant Ears, which are oh, so nummy.

Again, thank you for this thread. I read all 29 pages. Felt as if I got to know a bunch of you ;) 

• Thanks 1