Guest Staying in other Room than assigned

11 hours ago, MaryZ said:

Be careful with this.  We could not book a cruise over July 4th because coco cay is considered a sea day.
Anyone less than 1 yr of age cannot sail with 3 straight sea days.
So for us, on the Antem, coco cay was considered a 3rd sea day.  We had to move the cruise back to the end of July when our grandaughter turns 1 the day before we sail.

No previous stop in port canaveral?

13 hours ago, MaryZ said:

Be careful with this.  We could not book a cruise over July 4th because coco cay is considered a sea day.
So for us, on the Antem, coco cay was considered a 3rd sea day.  We had to move the cruise back to the end of July when our grandaughter turns 1 the day before we sail.

So is St Kitts. I'm sailing on Harmony next week, we stop in St Kitts followed by 2 sea days. A number of people had to cancel because they had children under 1. 

11 minutes ago, dcgrumpy said:

For many cruises out of Bayonne Coco Cay is the last stop,  followed by 2 sea days. 

You are right.  I was thinking that the 3 sea days was going South and not coming back North.  I should have realized as I sailed on Anthem's on Easter week.  So, in essence the arrival day is the 3rd, even though Anthem docks at 6 in the morning.  Does not make any sense, do you happen to know the reason for the 3 sea days rule.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nelblu said:

You are right.  I was thinking that the 3 sea days was going South and not coming back North.  I should have realized as I sailed on Anthem's on Easter week.  So, in essence the arrival day is the 3rd, even though Anthem docks at 6 in the morning.  Does not make any sense, do you happen to know the reason for the 3 sea days rule.

The assumption is it has to do with access to pediatric care if necessary. 

6 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You were given incorrect information about the pricing of group cabins.

If the child will be under 2 you can keep that double occupancy cabin that is part of the group.  You keep the group rate and they can add a third guest to it who must be able to sleep in a pack n play.  You will be charged the same rate that the third guest pays on other cabins as well as the taxes and fees.  While this will be more than moving someone to cabin "C" it will be a lot less than the price you were quoted on the different category outside of the group.

Thanks for this info, we thought it was strange that with such young child we'd need that it would count to above 2 person only rooms and require different category.

Birth is still a few months away before we'll even try adding but this is good to know as another option to the moving.

16 hours ago, MaryZ said:

Good to note, we'll try and confirm this early. It's an Alaska cruise so this now makes me wonder if a couple of the ports fall under this.

• 10 months later...
On 5/13/2022 at 6:13 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

You were given incorrect information about the pricing of group cabins.

If the child will be under 2 you can keep that double occupancy cabin that is part of the group.  You keep the group rate and they can add a third guest to it who must be able to sleep in a pack n play.  You will be charged the same rate that the third guest pays on other cabins as well as the taxes and fees.  While this will be more than moving someone to cabin "C" it will be a lot less than the price you were quoted on the different category outside of the group.

While this is a late update, wanted to still add in case those search and wondering same thing.

This info is exactly the case when I called to inquire about adding the infant to the room. They are able to keep the group rate/room and just pay full 3rd person fare. It does seem crazy to pay 700ish for an infant but it is less than if outside the group and booking a normal 3 person balcony room.

We'll still most likely add one of them to the single person room since it has an empty spot and no reason not.

Thanks for the info!!

• Thanks 1

Basically the poster wants to scam the system and figure out how to fix once on board.  Plus, is the baby even booked yet?  Maybe they just need to figure out on the ship, and not ask such questions here, unless, they actually need to book the baby then they need to call.