Sail Day Testing Azamara Quest 26th May, 2022

LEESRE

Sail Day Testing
All guests 2 years and older are required to take a complimentary antigen test for COVID-19 when checking in at the terminal, which will be administered by one of our testing vendors. Registration details will be sent via email in advance.

Taken from Azamara Web site this morning, so confusing, I wonder if they will still charge the $59 dollars at the pier???

2 hours ago, LEESRE said:
Sail Day Testing
All guests 2 years and older are required to take a complimentary antigen test for COVID-19 when checking in at the terminal, which will be administered by one of our testing vendors. Registration details will be sent via email in advance.

Taken from Azamara Web site this morning, so confusing, I wonder if they will still charge the $59 dollars at the pier???

I saw this too, but I believe it conflicts with other information issued by Azamara, and is another example if their lack of joined-up thinking and communication. 

• Like 4

We are on this sailing too.  I’m pretty sure that this is outdated info…it was on our online checkin account before the announcement to bring your own test result with you on sailings after 1st May.
No excuse not to have corrected it by now!  If I turned up expecting complimentary testing after reading that and got charged $59 I wouldn’t be pleased! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, scrapcreator said:

We are on the same sailing as well. Not waiting for registration details. We’re bringing tests with us and the hotel has said that they can help us find testing if needed.

See you onboard. 🤞🏻

But beware. Azamara states (I don't recall where) that 'Self-tests' and 'at-home'** tests are not acceptable.

I actually considered presenting the Azamara persons responsible for testing etc. at embarkation with a self-test kit and asking them to administer it, or at the very least watch me do it. Maybe a question of accuracy of the self-test kit would make this unacceptable.

** I am not sure what Azamara mean by this. 

Edited by blag
Expansion

Mary and I are on this cruise also and we have decided to have PCR tests the day before we board the plane, having the results in hand to avoid any unexpected problems when boarding the boat.  The utter confusion of Azamara communication leads us not to have faith in anything that is on their website.  We have enjoyed Azamara cruises previously and still expect to enjoy this cruise and just want the start to be as stress-free as possible.

We cruised in April and had a free test before boarding. When I did online check in it said we would be emailed to register for the test. No emails were ever sent and it just another case of out of date information on the site. 

Please check out the Azamara website page on Explore Well at Sea for your desination. We are on Pursuit tomorrow and have paid for tests including taxi fares and have just discovered these are no longer required from May 11th.  I only found this out by looking at their website I have received no notification from either Azamara of our TA!  

Just now, welwyngirl said:

Please check out the Azamara website page on Explore Well at Sea for your desination. We are on Pursuit tomorrow and have paid for tests including taxi fares and have just discovered these are no longer required from May 11th.  I only found this out by looking at their website I have received no notification from either Azamara of our TA!  

i should add not required for fully vaccinated travellers.

2 hours ago, welwyngirl said:

i should add not required for fully vaccinated travellers.

To me it looks like the information is letting you know the requirements for the country visited and not the ship itself. If you look further on the website ie. At the tab entitled boarding it states a negative test is required at the terminal or you can purchase for $59 at the pier if you don't bring your own.

• Like 2

• COVID-19 Test Result
    Travelers must provide evidence of a negative result for SARS-CoV-2 that has been conducted within 3 days of boarding the ship in Greece. Proof of a negative test is not required however for all travelers that have completed their vaccination(i.e., 14 days have elapsed since the last vaccination, depending on the doses required) and hold a vaccination certificate.

That is what it says under Greece under Explore well at sea on the website as from 11th May. So does that mean tests are no longer required if you are vaccinated? It’s very confusing. 

Clarity is needed.

It would be much, much better if Azamara were to leave no doubt in anyone's mind. If the boarding rules differ from those of the ports-of-call, points of embarkation or disembarkation, this should be clearly defined. 

Maybe Azamara think it is sufficient to include an Azamara requirement under 'boarding', but perhaps this needs amplification by a phrase such as 'irrespective of any country-specific requirements'

Perhaps, in some way, these boards serve to muddy the waters and introduce doubts.

Personally, I will try to test before boarding, in whichever country I board. If I cannot obtain a local test, then I'll pay the fee that Azamara impose. And if boarding is declined, I accept that this is for the greater good.

If I am permitted to board, I have multiple self-test kits to ensure that if I do test positive, I can isolate myself and report this. Thereby I hope not to be a hazard to others. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, malcliz said:
  • COVID-19 Test Result
    Travelers must provide evidence of a negative result for SARS-CoV-2 that has been conducted within 3 days of boarding the ship in Greece. Proof of a negative test is not required however for all travelers that have completed their vaccination(i.e., 14 days have elapsed since the last vaccination, depending on the doses required) and hold a vaccination certificate.

That is what it says under Greece under Explore well at sea on the website as from 11th May. So does that mean tests are no longer required if you are vaccinated? It’s very confusing. 

It gives the impression that tests are no longer required if the ship departs from Greece. It says quite clearly in the statement you have posted.

I will board tomorrow so I will know more then.

Ivi

• Like 1

Thanks.  Your experience will be useful as we are boarding at Athens  on 4 June.  it will be interesting to see if this statement does actually mean what it is Implying.  perhaps Azamara boarding rules will override?

• Like 1

checkin now open for my trips next month from Italy

from Explore Well at Sea for Italy

• COVID-19 Test Result 
    Travelers must provide evidence of a negative result for SARS-CoV-2 that has been conducted within 3 days of boarding the ship. Proof of a negative test is not required however for all travelers that have completed their vaccination(i.e., 14 days have elapsed since the last vaccination, depending on the doses required) and hold a vaccination certificate. 

from checkin info page

Pre-Arrival Testing Guests will be welcome to embark after presenting proof of a negative COVID-19 test at the embarkation port........

I suspect they have badly worded the country requirements and negative test still required to board...but who knows...will also be watching this thread (and for changes on the website!)

17 hours ago, travelberlin said:

It gives the impression that tests are no longer required if the ship departs from Greece. It says quite clearly in the statement you have posted.

I will board tomorrow so I will know more then.

Ivi

A post has just been put on from a traveller whose Pcr from Uk rejected at cruise port as Azamara are stating the Greek government requires a negative test 24 Hours prior to boarding.  This is another change!

2 minutes ago, Mrmatt said:

A post has just been put on from a traveller whose Pcr from Uk rejected at cruise port as Azamara are stating the Greek government requires a negative test 24 Hours prior to boarding.  This is another change!

If you look at the entry requirements for Greece (I.e. what the Greek Goverment says), they no longer require to see vaccination certifictea or test results, but they may require passengers to take an antigen test at the airport.